• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

'Dillos

Carefully touching them
Recent in the news linking them to leprosy

^^^^This is true, an article in the paper over 20 years ago about armadillos migrating north because of climate change warned about letting children & adults touching those nasty critters because they are known to carry leprosy!!! Wear some good thick gloves to dispose of those things.

I bought 3 driveway sensors and place them around my yard where the most activity is. I turn the warning ringer on on the house after dark, when it goes off I grab my Maverick 88 12 ga and go outside and shoot them. Can be anytime of night. Have a flashlight mount that my SureFire fits and that's a big help. No neighbors so that's not a problem. I've been doing this for 7 years and no end in sight. After I kill 15-18 in a summer the traffic slows down a great deal but starts right back up next year. Good Luck !!

After I kill 15-18 in a summer the traffic slows down a great deal but starts right back up next year. Good Luck !!
out at the hunting property (river property), i started killing them 2 summers ago. the last 2 summers, i have killed over 500 armadillos out there. my wife rode out there with me last summer and she said "whats that smell?????", i said "its the smell of success". that was 2 days after i killed about 30 in one trip.

we never saw a single 'dillo after about september, and havent seen a single one this year. by this time the lasy 2 summers, i would have killed atleast 100 of them by now. so if you hit em hard enough, youll eventually make a dent that will last a while.

i choot with a marlin 22, with a scope. i just get on the 4 wheeler and ride around with my maglite. they dont seem to care, as most of them are killed within 10 feet of the atv.

I like that strategy. They don't seem to mind lights, from what I hear. I would bet during a new moon is good.

Back
Top Bottom