• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Disposing of Gunpowder from Bullet Pulling

i have pulled apart quite a few rounds where I just wanted the brass and maybe saved a few of the bullets (depending upon caliber and $$). I store some of the extra powder (mixed up, so I'm not going to load it) in a spare powder jug. every so often I either take it out and spread it around the back yard (lots of nitrates in the powder??), and if I"m bored, lay a line of it out on the driveway and light the end of it. :)

BTW just read an article talking about how powder provides it's own oxygen, so it's very difficult to put it out once it's lit. just keep that in mind as you light it up, you aren't going to put it out till it's burned out. start small.

4.bp.blogspot.com__fZt_VEieWNs_TD0YJdQrOfI_AAAAAAAAATk_6Aj1fS6588565dc8b6c688e28bd83faae7586d5.jpg

The answer that is mo funner ;]

When I was a kid, one of the guys who had his own place had a party. As people do, one of the guests put his cigarette butt in a beer bottle on the table. Guess what was in the bottle? Got him and a couple others real good. Made quite a flash as I remember. If you burn it, don't be too close when you light it up.

Back
Top Bottom