• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dixie Pawn Mableton attempted robbery

Dixie Pawn is a LONG time Mableton fixture. They were open for years by Bankhead Lanes, but after the bowling alley closed, they moved to White Columns shopping center.

The perps obviously didn't do much recon work. The guys at Dixie are very good dudes, but not the type of guys that you'd want to mess with. They run an honest, legit business. It's a real shame this happened anywhere, but especially to one of the last true mom and pop gun stores in south Cobb.

It breaks my heart what a cesspool Mableton has become. It was such a GREAT place to grow up. Those days are long gone.
I'm gonna give you more of a throwback than when they were beside the bowling alley.Does anybody remember when they 1st opened in Forbes plaza, just past the A.L. Hyde Oldsmobile place on the right headed toward Austell? Not sure what year that was but it had to be late 1980' or so. Back then it was about the only gun shop around the area.

I have known the owner since the 80s.
Jimmy is ready with a 45acp on hip. Socom and shotgun. I am happy for him coming out unharmed. Jimmy don't suffer fools. Also happy I was not there.

I'm not picking on you, Brother. I have a deep love for Mableton and Austell. We moved over from 'Bama in the 70's, and I grew up just off of Bankhead Hwy. (I'm 46 years old now). I wish I could take people back in time to see what an awesome place it used to be.

My sister lives near Wallace Park, and my folks live in Austell. That area will always be home to me.
Hell yeah, you ever hang out at Time Zone gameroom in Mableton?

Back
Top Bottom