Diy Pvc feeders question

Two liter coke bottles for caps. Cut in half and you have two. The 90 is nice to have but not necessary. Just place 3 inches off the ground.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I usually use the knock-out caps for 4" pvc pipes but if you have some 3" you want to use go to Home Depot and get some of these:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Oatey-3-in-Knockout-Test-Cap-39102/100122751

Cut a V-Notch in them with a small hacksaw and glue them in with pvc glue. Once the glue is dry it won't smell. The V-notch will allow the corn / feed to come out the bottom but I usually will set it up on a tree with a shallow root to allow the corn to flow out as the deer eat it. If you're using T-post then you may want to set it on top of a narrow 1" board so the corn will flow as the deer eat it. Be warned though...it won't hold a lot of feed! I've had them drain a 5 foot 4" pipe in less than a week. And yes cover it with a coffee can, milk jug or whatever seems reasonable to keep the rain and stuff out. Good luck

3" - 4" deer don't care
001.jpg

I use 6” that’s 5 foot tall. With the deer we have they can empty it in about 3 days. I can imagine a 3 inch would be empty in an afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom