• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

DIY: Reloading Press Lights

ATLoperator

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
3   0
Reaction score
I've been slowly slowly been getting into reloading. I'm still not 100% off the ground yet...

I've seen reloading press lights and though they would be a nice idea on my Rock Chucker. I got a great idea when I was looking at The Retrofit Source's website (I did their Mini H1 projectors on my BMW). They had a white 60mm LED ring on clearance, so one for me and one for my buddy
www.ar15.com_images_smilies_icon_smile_big.gif
Now don't hate on my studio apt reloading setup, it will work till I get a house..

Here is our starting point:
i61.tinypic.com_2uhy52a.jpg

Just for fun, AR15.com on the TV and reloading info on my toughbook:
i62.tinypic.com_kdo9k7.jpg

Now you need to find a power source, an old computer monitor power supply in 12v does the job. Then I wired in a male 9006 plug also from TRS
www.ar15.com_images_smilies_icon_smile_cool.gif
to the end of the power supply:
i57.tinypic.com_2yy3thu.jpg

i61.tinypic.com_211taq1.jpg

The lucky new LED ring vs the stick LED's people put on the side (already wired for female 9006 plug):
i61.tinypic.com_1zg96d2.jpg

i61.tinypic.com_zlxbex.jpg

And all plugged in together:
i59.tinypic.com_14xiirp.jpg

You'll want some sticky to install the ring:
i59.tinypic.com_b8rb00.jpg

Then stick the ring under the turret:
i58.tinypic.com_2qs0ak3.jpg

Make sure you center it, it sticks out just a hair on both sides but barely at all (look close at the silver ring):
i59.tinypic.com_jajho8.jpg

Light her up! It's hard to capture the output on an IPhone. It is very bright but it's not washed out like the picture in person:
i58.tinypic.com_313kmeg.jpg

i62.tinypic.com_2vcccxv.jpg

And just one last to show the turret up and plenty of room around the low profile ring:
i60.tinypic.com_2emgdhc.jpg

So Anyway just a new spin on an old idea. Sorry again for the IPhone pictures since I sold my DSLR. But it's super easy and it turned out great
www.ar15.com_images_smilies_smiley_smartass.gif
Enjoy!!

Nice set-up but when reloading: No TV, No Computer,No Phone.When reloading you do not need any distractions. If your lucky enough to survive a double charge,you will never forget that feeling. Be careful

Back
Top Bottom