Do you practice regularly with your carry firearm?

Do you practice with your carry firearm?

• YES, regularly!(at least monthly)

Votes: 42 73.7%
  • YES, but I should more!

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • NO, I'm good enough without practice.

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I shoot at least once a month, usually either IDPA or tactical drills like shooting on the move, from behind cover, from prone, etc.

I dry fire those drills at my apartment at least once a week

I regularly practice first shot from concealment at home with LaserLyte Laser Target Trainer, and when I have an opportunity at the range as well...

Still try to get to GA Firing Line every weekend, and I practice my draw almost daily at home. Wife thinks I'm crazy when I practice my draw and reholster with my eyes closed, but it's all about the reaction time. If I ever have to draw my weapon, I want to be focused on the threat and not my draw.

Practice, I don't need no stinking practice! :rolleyes:

I'm on a range of some kind at least once every 2 weeks. Always working to be smooth and proficient at all stages of the CC draw and re-holster. Naturally, my main focus is that even with my eyes closed my grip allows perfect alignment on target so that first shot and follow up shots are effective.

Also spend some time weekly working on close quarters pistol fighting techniques to ensure proficiency if I can't get my weapon out for full extension before the threat is on me.

I average more than once a month normally. I might go for longer than that without practice if I get busy, but then I make up for it with concentrated practice for a few weeks. I also have a good quality 22 conversion for my 1911 and a dedicated AR15/22. I'm lucky to have stockpiled A LOT of 22lr before the craziness. That conversion and the 15/22 have paid for themselves many times over and kept me reasonably sharp. I have to put some 45 down range to make sure I'm still good at managing the 1911's recoil, but with the muzzle break on my AR15 it has about the same recoil as the 15/22, so I'm good there.

Back
Top Bottom