• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dobbs Defense built that! Official Dobbs Defense Show Off Thread

Interesting. Looks like the "muzzle brake" was removed. And as I recall on my PPS, the barrel is still recessed in the shroud a bit. I'm guessing they cut it down, or made a barrel extension? I just bought a pin kit for mine to SBR it finally.
You'd have to ask them for details. But just looking at it in pretty sure they just removed the "brake"

Dobbs Defense put this together. Completely satisfied!

Attachments

• 10410452_10155231665560346_2595069039187990609_n.jpg
    10410452_10155231665560346_2595069039187990609_n.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 104
Newest build..Dobbs did the coating and engraving. CJI did the trunnion/weld transfer. I did the handguard trim job and staining. Dr. Optics cowitnesses perfect!

Man that thing is compact...I can't even see a gas block. I guess it is covered by the handguard. There must be barely enough room for it...And I can't say I have ever seen a handguard quite like that one with no upper handguard. That thing looks sick man. I'm digging it fo sho.

Last edited:
Interesting. Looks like the "muzzle brake" was removed. And as I recall on my PPS, the barrel is still recessed in the shroud a bit. I'm guessing they cut it down, or made a barrel extension? I just bought a pin kit for mine to SBR it finally.
You'd have to ask them for details. But just looking at it in pretty sure they just removed the "brake"

Dave cut the shroud back and rewelded it to get enough barrel to thread I'm pretty sure.

^^^ Interesting you posted that. I am strongly considering doing the exact same thing. What muzzle brake is that?

Dobbs Defense, are you comfortable doing another? Any complications I should expect? Normally where do you do the engraving on an AK rifle? How much should I expect to spend on the labor and engraving?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom