Does anyone here not carry a gun everyday? Has anyone carried and quit?

View attachment 4558227View attachment 4558228

It’s a mindset and way of life for me. I posted this in another thread yesterday about medical gear and why to carry it. Snapped pic of what was on me after being out and about. There is a high probability I’ll use everything laid out on table before a firearm (maybe more than once). However for me, It’s a non negotiable. There are many other factors though than just whether or not we carry and WHAT we carry. Hardware is important but many lack the software. This is in no way cumbersome or impedes mobility. Can work, play, run with this rig (but gun sometime changes, really diggin hellcats lately) with ease and no one is none the wiser. I’ll chime in on this thread with the importance of the other thread topic…medical. A gun is just one of many tools “in the box” that has a specific task but medical is equally important. It’s not uncommon for people (strangers or loved ones or yourself) to bleed out from various trauma injuries. If ya carry tools that poke holes, carry tools that plug holes. Even people that don’t carry a gun everyday can carry at least some medical quite easily. Would hate to be in a situation and watch life leave the body when I could have done something to remedy that outcome.

As for edc a pistol itself, ya don’t need it TILL ya do! A few examples that come to mind are as follow.

Most recent is Uvalde. In an interview a local to the area was first on scene when the scumbag crashed truck and got out shooting at people across the road and he said he was in close enough proximity he could have shot him but said he had recently taken his gun out of his vehicle and didn’t put it back.

The other would be the massage parlor shooting spree that happened here in Ga. The parlor on hwy 92 had someone in there that said he had a gun but it was in his truck and not with him inside (his wife was also there getting massage). His massage therapist opened the door when she heard gun fire and was shot in head as he hid under table. Once shooter retreated and left he went to get his gun from vehicle but was too late then.

Third would be southerland springs Texas where gunman killed nearly 30 victims. One of the parishioners had said in interview he carried to church but he didn’t that day. Granted, carrying doesn’t guarantee a win but it gives a fighting chance if paired with training, mindset, etc. just my lil opinion.
It’s not the odds, it’s the stakes

I guess I’m the oddball. I never carry. Not because I disagree with it or anything, idk I’m just a bit uncomfortable doing so when I have. Always worried it will fall out of my pants or fall out of the holster. I have had that happen before when I used to carry from time to time.

If the gun is the most valuable thing on my person, I don't carry.

Active shooters are extremely rare even in America, and it's far more likely I'd either make things worse or get mistaken for the shooter by another bubba or the police than for me to be the hero like that guy with the Glock all over the news recently (good shootin, Tex).

For my normal EDC (wallet/phone/keys, $50-100, Kershaw folder, pilot g2 gel pen), if you want it bad enough to commit a felony for it, you can have it. It's cheaper than the legal bull**** I'd have to go through if I shot you.

People generally don't want to kill you. Brings too much heat. They just want your stuff.

If what I'm carrying is worth the legal bull**** I'd incur if I shot you (even if doing so does not violate the law), I'll consider carrying.

The world we live in is a lot safer than the entertainment that passes for news would lead you to believe.

I'm prepared....

I guess I’m the oddball. I never carry. Not because I disagree with it or anything, idk I’m just a bit uncomfortable doing so when I have. Always worried it will fall out of my pants or fall out of the holster. I have had that happen before when I used to carry from time to time.
When I started carrying, that was a concern for me as well. Basically it came down to using the wrong holster. Fabric & leather holsters are out for me. Certain belt clips are out for me. A made-for-the-model kydex holster with Pull-the-Dot loops keeps it secure on me to where I can run, jump, pick things up, etc, & know that it will stay put.

I think I should probably carry more than I do, but I've not found a belt/holster/gun combo comfortable enough for my liking to carry all the time. Most of the time I'd rather not even have a belt on if I don't need it to hold up my pants.

I do not leave the house without a gun, but it tends to spend more time in the truck than on me. I'm never very far from a gun at home, but I'm definitely not carrying a gun on me in my house.

Back
Top Bottom