Does anyone here open carry? Why or why not?

Open carry vs concealed carry

• Concealed

Votes: 123 96.1%
  • Open

Votes: 5 3.9%

• Total voters
Well this may sound crazy but,,,,, I find my shoulder holster to be the most comfortable way to carry. May be cause I'm a skinny "scrawny" little guy. I don't feel that I show that I'M ARMED swagger at all. Truthfully, people are always thinking I'm a detective.

All in favor of open carry...RAISE YOUR HAND!!!

This guy is...

image-836497535_zps7d3f6059.jpg

The only times I open carry are in the woods, or in cold weather when I'm wearing a jacket and the gun is concealed, even when carrying OWB. I don't find CC to be very comfortable either, but I do find it practical, especially when I explored and discovered ways to deploy the weapon quickly and discreetly. I like the element of surprise and believe in it wholeheartedly. I do believe in open carry for those who wish to carry openly, but for me I prefer to conceal.
Having worked alot in gun shops over the last several years in a couple of different states, I hear this discussion alot. MRH has a great point here: that open carry seems most practical when one is on the farm working or out hunting or in other private situations. It is, of course, a matter of preference, but one must always remember it's not just the robber or mugger you are protecting yourself against. Because there are so many mass shootings and terrorist attack possibilities nowadays, it could be alot safer to conceal carry. You are an immediate target to anyone who is going to open fire in a public place if you are open carrying. Just some food for thought; I would rather be uncomfortable than a corpse... hope this helps!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom