Does anyone here open carry? Why or why not?

Open carry vs concealed carry

• Concealed

Votes: 123 96.1%
  • Open

Votes: 5 3.9%

• Total voters
As for me, from here on I'll save my breath for coolin' my soup......it'll be a lot more useful in that capacity.

I never open carry, for all the reasons discussed here. Nothing in this thread has done anything to change my way of thinking, but at least I did pick up a new one liner that I'm sure I'll find useful in the future. :becky:

My first move will always be to escape the situation if possible. I would draw if I couldn't get away and felt my life was in danger.

I'm not gonna draw just to protect someone elses money or property. That's not my job. My job is to protect me and mine.

I'll leave all the heroics to the OC cowboys.
Money is insured but, would you pull a gun and put your life on the line for people you don't know?
Im not a cop and it isn't my job to stop a mass murder. You may hit a bystander and get sued, you might get targeted by an accomplice. You'll probably have to drop a few grand for a lawyer.
Are other peoples lives worth yours? after all they could have chosen to carry a gun.

Money is insured but, would you pull a gun and put your life on the line for people you don't know?
Im not a cop and it isn't my job to stop a mass murder. You may hit a bystander and get sued, you might get targeted by an accomplice. You'll probably have to drop a few grand for a lawyer.
Are other peoples lives worth yours? after all they could have chosen to carry a gun.

Me. I've actually on one occasion had to hire an attorney because of what turned out to be successful efforts on my part to protect others. Would I do it again? YES. I'm not one to stand by and watch innocents suffer. That's just me and I'm not passing judgment on your position.

I personally do not open carry except in the woods or around my house. I have my reasons and my preferences. But I many times acknowledge those who do simply because I believe the majority of them are willing to put themselves in danger to protect not only their family but whoever may be endangered by an attacker. Carry on, my friend, and may God bless.

If you are in a position to stop it, but choose not to, anything that happens after that point is at least partially your responsibility. At least that's my view point. YMMV

conceal carry tends to keep gun phobia in check in most places. I don't want anyone knowing i carry. many years ago, had people wanting to intimidate a young man by stating to a law enforcement officer i was with that the gun owner had pointed his gun at her. He did not but because it was known he was armed, he had to prove he did not.
No need in giving the law suit crazy people ammo to use against you just to make money.
MY TWO CENTS FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH!!

Back
Top Bottom