• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does anyone live in walker county? I’m thinking of moving up there.

Mine as well move to TN or AL to enjoy the cheaper taxes.

Walker county is poorer than Catoosa. More land available though that is further out, close to Chattanooga which is the “hub” of the south.

Chickamauga is pricy.

I have always heard catoosa and Walker are known for bad drivers lol.

Hope you find what you are looking for.

I've lived on the northern end of the county by the state line for over 20 years. I love it here. It has it's share of morons, but that's everywhere now. Chickamauga is like Mayberry. I love driving over there every so often.

We live in Chattooga, just south of Walker. Retired here because land cost was so much less than mountainous North GA where we originally looked. We moved from Woodstock. We were looking for different and we got it. Great neighbors who mind their own business. No traffic. Lower taxes, but higher homeowners insurance. (We are 8 miles from the nearest, unstaffed, fire station. Downside is more frequent and longer disruption of services such as electricity and internet, greater travel distances for shopping and eating out. We are about 25 minutes from the hospitals in Rome, one thing we looked for was a reasonable distance from medical care.
Areas within the county can vary greatly as far as crime, often boiling down to the proximity of one family or even one person. NW GA is the meth capital of the world. In general a great place to live, wonderful local population, climate is nice, just prepare for a bit more independence and choose your particular location wisely. Drive around it yourself a good bit and don‘t go strictly by the route the real estate agent brings you in on.

Back
Top Bottom