• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does Your City/County Trust Criminals More Than Law Abiding Citizens?

As mentioned, we should push for allowing permitted carry in these new sterile areas when it becomes public record that the bloodshed and murders don't occur if anything to prove home the point that citizens empowered are not the threat and conversely actually an asset.

The weapons screening should help to screen out those breaking the law or possibly have criminal intent at that time when we legal permitted carry holders are allowed in these barriers to the law abiding.

Last edited:
City of Hahira

http://www.valdostadailytimes.com/l...nce?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

It is actually illegal to have such an ordinance, so expect GCO to move on this one.

Posted 11 July, comments disabled 12 July, only one comment and not supportive of this action....... Things that make you go hummmm. It will be interesting to see if the issue of attempting to preempt State law will be reported as well.... We shall see what these "journalist" do with that information.

City of Woodstock

http://woodstock.patch.com/groups/p...oodstock-revisits-downtown-traffic-congestion

Council members also approved the second reading of an amendment to its ordinance pertaining to the use or possession of firearms, explosives or weapons that would put the city in compliance with Georgia's sweeping gun law.

The amendment reads: "unauthorized use or possession of a firearm, explosives or weapons in city buildings property or when conducting city business" as causes for disciplinary actions towards city employees.

Edit:

ORDINANCE (ID # 3008)
Page 1
2nd Reading - Ordinance to Amend Sec. 70-242 (17) Pertaining to Use or
Possession of a Firearm, Explosives or Weapons
Presented by:
Summary:
In order to comply with the new Weapons law to be effective on July 1, 2014, it is necessary to amend our
Personnel Ordinance as follows:
(17)Unauthorized use or possession of a firearm, explosives or weapons in city buildings property or when
conducting city business;
This ordinance will not be adopted until the 2nd reading on July 14th, but will be retroactively effective on July
1, 2014.

http://woodstockga.iqm2.com/Citizens/FileOpen.aspx?Type=1&ID=1205&Inline=True

Last edited:
Both links won't work, me? Or bad link?

EDIT: one takes me forever to download, but it just did 20 minutes later......

Classic.....

ITEM 6. PUBLIC COMMENT

(Please complete the appropriate form at the podium and give to the City Attorney -
You may only discuss items NOT on tonight's agenda.)

Obey, comply and non-resistance....

Last edited:
City of Brookhaven:

http://brookhavenpost.co/police-chi...at-city-hall-as-a-result-of-new-gun-law/18674

Police Chief responds to call for higher security at City Hall as a result of new gun law

“I would recommend screening take place at City Council Meetings and other controversial planning / zoning meetings scheduled. I would also recommend some physical changes to the public entrance of City Hall which would eliminate the need for security during regular business hours (i.e. secure the large counter opening in the lobby, etc.),” said the Chief.

On average, the city currently has a minimum of nine public meetings per month that would require a police officer attend as a result of these higher security measures. Without staffing this effort with a new officer, the Chief says placing an officer on-duty at City Hall during all of these meetings could detract from normal patrol requirements. The Chief added, “One additional officer should be hired which could supplement our pro-active efforts during non-meeting times. The officer associated costs could be placed into our midyear budget adjustment for consideration.”

A metal detector at City Hall has an estimated cost of $4,000.

What the Police Chief is talking about is illegal according to my understanding of HB60. They are talking about just using screening right before public meetings happening, and not full time at the entrance to the building.

Back
Top Bottom