• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Doesn't get any better than this.

NWSharpshooter

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
563   0
Reaction score
Went out to Floyd County Wildlife today with TimBgtm, my Dad and my son. Three generations tearing it up suppressed at 300 yards. While my 13 year old son has shot lots of guns in the past, he has never "target shot" any further that 10-25 yards. Today was his first day behind a bolt gun at 300 yards. We were shooting my Savage FCP-K in 223 and my Remington 700 AAC SD in 308. He didn't care for the Remington very much, although to be honest, nobody cares for the Remington after shooting the Savage.

Here is a video of him shooting 300 yards at a steel 3/4 silhouette.

[video=youtube_share;rO5bKNuZDGw]http://youtu.be/rO5bKNuZDGw[/video]

He also got quite good at shooting the obnoxious guy next to us's golf balls at 200 yards (which the guy couldn't hit mind you.) At one point the guy was really talking a big game and I was tempted to challenge him, my son vs him at 200 yards shooting at golf balls. I could have made a killing with that bet.

Anyway, here are some pictures of the steel and the sharpshooter himself. Today was the first time I think he had fun at the range and has decided that we need to get some smaller targets for him to shoot at at 300. He is thinking golf balls on tees.

First time behind the bolt gun, fresh coat of paint.
i96.photobucket.com_albums_l172_snickelson1_20141002_131926_zpshwsrkybi.jpg

Second go, another fresh coat of paint and the sharpshooter himself with three fingers saying 300 yards.

i96.photobucket.com_albums_l172_snickelson1_20141002_141805_zpsdtmhtcbu.jpg

His 300 yard shoot-n-see. The low bullet holes are from the Remington 700. The rest are the Savage.

[Broken External Image]:

Not bad for a 13 year old kid who has never shot from a bench before and has never been beyond 25 yards. One of these days I am going to have to find something he isn't a natural at. Getting kinda old having my son one up me every time we try something new. :thumb:

Lots of fun shooting with the family. golf balls are a blast

Good job now shoot 500 or 600 at some clay pigeons about like golf balls at 200 a real blast some changes on out to 600 but not much

Last edited:
That is cool. real quality time.

Yeah, I took an old Savage/Springfield 22 that shoots shorts with us so he would have something to shoot while me and grandpa shot some steel at 300. It turned out me and grandpa ended up shooting the 22 because we couldn't get him off the bolt guns. :becky:

Lots of fun shooting with the family

Good job now shoot 500 or 600 some change but not alot

I need to find somewhere to shoot further with that Savage. It is pretty boring at 300, even for my son who had never shot that far. Since we don't have anywhere to get further out, we are just going to have to go to smaller targets. Golf balls may even be a little big. Thinking about thumb tacks and lifesavers on the 300 yard back board.

Back
Top Bottom