• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Doesn't get any better than this.

I need to find somewhere to shoot further with that Savage. It is pretty boring at 300, even for my son who had never shot that far. Since we don't have anywhere to get further out, we are just going to have to go to smaller targets. Golf balls may even be a little big. Thinking about thumb tacks and lifesavers on the 300 yard back board.

M&M's at 3000 yards.

easy just buy more guns

I have a 223 and a 308 both set up similar, but I use my 308 can on my 223 so if we wanted to shoot both at the same time one would have to be unsuppressed which sucks. I have a 5.56 can, but my 223 bolt gun is threaded 5/8 x 24 so I can't use my 5.56 can on it. Just going to have to pick up another cyclone. :)

I need to find somewhere to shoot further with that Savage. It is pretty boring at 300, even for my son who had never shot that far. Since we don't have anywhere to get further out, we are just going to have to go to smaller targets. Golf balls may even be a little big. Thinking about thumb tacks and lifesavers on the 300 yard back board.

3 spots open at Blakely tomorrow you can try 2160

Good challenge there!

Charcoal briquettes are fun. They give a nice black cloud visual confirmation with a good hit and don't leave non biodegradable litter behind.
Your story brings back great memories of when my kids were growing up and going down a row disintegrating black walnuts at 100 with a braked 30-06, with the rest of the "sight in for deer season" crowd looking on in awe while they shoot all over the paper and call 6" close enough.
It does sound like you need to pick up enough Savages for everybody though.
Thanks for passing it on.

Back
Top Bottom