• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Dog Euthanized After Sunday Stabbing Incident At PetSmart (Newnan)

No one knows for sure what happened besides the ones that was there. News report on the radio just said that witnesses said the pit bull only bit the smaller dogs ear and the smaller dog appeared to be un injured as a result.

No one knows for sure what happened besides the ones that was there. News report on the radio just said that witnesses said the pit bull only bit the smaller dogs ear and the smaller dog appeared to be un injured as a result.

I find it interesting that the police said it was just self-defense.

I'm trying to understand the logic of sticking a finger up a dog's ass to get him to release his bite, but every time I receive a mental picture of this I start to laugh. Now that brings me to this question: Who was the person that thought of this?

"Hey Bob, hold my beer and watch this. Those dogs are fighting and I bet you $5.00 if I stick my finger in one of thems ass they will stop".

The news report I heard said they were looking at possible charges. I didn't see in the article where the police said it was self defense? Just that they said he had a right to defend his dog.

Well I guess I took that as them deeming it as self-defense. If the guy didn't act in SD then I would think there would be charges.

I'm trying to understand the logic of sticking a finger up a dog's ass to get him to release his bite, but every time I receive a mental picture of this I start to laugh. Now that brings me to this question: Who was the person that thought of this?

"Hey Bob, hold my beer and watch this. Those dogs are fighting and I bet you $5.00 if I stick my finger in one of thems ass they will stop".

You got an actual LOL out of me on that one!

Here is the scientific answer why the butt plug idea works!

OK, here's why you want to goose a big scary dog attacking you: There are sensors in the interior of the anus which, when stimulated, cause a gasping reflex. And if the dog is gasping, its jaws can't be clenched down on your arm.

(That is, according to my Animal Science proffessor, Dr. W. Bruce Currie. Yes he used the term "goose" in class.)

That's also why, when delivering a newborn calf or foal, you want to stick your finger up its butt to get it to take its first breath. Current theory also has it that when a doctor slaps a human newborn on the butt, the reason that a gasp is stimulated is because of interior anal sensors, not because of pain.

Back
Top Bottom