• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dog Training Apprentice wanted.

Hey Bear, over the years I have seen you post this ad. Just wondering, has anyone ever taken you up on this job and actually opened a new location?
Thanks.
No. I realized I was not paying enough for a quality person to work through the apprenticeship. That's why starting pay is now $15 an hour.

The first one is always the hardest.

No offense but Amazon is paying folks in their warehouse $15/hr minimum and I know Aldi's was hiring stockers for $12 an hour two years ago. $40k (~$19/hr) to relocate to another city permanently with a maybe raise in the future seems low to me. I was making $40k right out of LPN school (1 year long) years ago.

That said I don't know anything about training dogs, beyond sit and come lol. Maybe it's more about loving dogs and making money doing it. Best of luck expanding your dog training empire! :)

No offense but Amazon is paying folks in their warehouse $15/hr minimum and I know Aldi's was hiring stockers for $12 an hour two years ago. $40k (~$19/hr) to relocate to another city permanently with a maybe raise in the future seems low to me. I was making $40k right out of LPN school (1 year long) years ago.

That said I don't know anything about training dogs, beyond sit and come lol. Maybe it's more about loving dogs and making money doing it. Best of luck expanding your dog training empire! :)
How many of those jobs can turn into a six figure income in a couple of years? If someone is happy making $15 to $20 an hour for the rest of their life, we're not interested in them.

BTW, how much did they pay you to attend LPN school?:rolleyes:

Respectfully,
there is a reason warehouses are ALWAYS hiring, and it isn't because of growth.
IMO If a person puts in the work there appears to be a lot of potential here. If someone was ambitious enough to research a prime location and market it they could do even better. Start up costs for a business location are ridiculous and he is willing to invest in someone.

No offense, but I would much rather work at a kennel than working as a lpn.

Back
Top Bottom