Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nob0dy

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
319   0
Reaction score
I was putting the new stock on my 10.5 SBR (caliber 5.56) and also ordered a new rail for it.

And while taking off the old one it got me thinking?

Should I upgrade my barrel? My fist one was a Integrity Arms which I paid $110 for. It doesn't group too well but might be user error. So should I upgrade and if so what? Is there really any difference?

I was thinking like Daniel Defense or BCM.

Thanks.

unfamiliar with integrity arms but a decent barrel will make a world of difference compared to a cheap one.

Plan out a goal for your AR, look at your budget, and plan accordingly.

Take a look at Lothar Walther for barrels as well. They used to supply Larue with barrels a couple of years ago before they started manufacuring in house.

unfamiliar with integrity arms but a decent barrel will make a world of difference compared to a cheap one.

Plan out a goal for your AR, look at your budget, and plan accordingly.

Take a look at Lothar Walther for barrels as well. They used to supply Larue with barrels a couple of years ago before they started manufacuring in house.

I ended up deciding to go with a Daniel Defense, 10.3 1:7 chrome lined.

Rainer Arms Northtech Defense ultra precision 10.5 SS .223 Wylde 10.5 barrel would be a top choice barrel for your swap. It's 299 but Rainer Arms doesn't play when it comes to barrels. I used one of their Shilen Blank 308 ultra match barrels and it consistently shoots sub .50 groups out of a 18 inch SS unit I got from them. You can't go wrong with their barrels. If you have built and re-barreled as many guns as I have 299 for a good barrel is not a lot. I have paid upwards of 600-700 dollars for barrels that don't perform as well as my Rainer Arms barrel. It was 400 ish but the results were surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom