• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Don't blow for the po-po

You can be charged with DUI on private property, sound asleep in a reclined car seat because you had the sense to attempt to do the "right thing". Nothing about "public roads". There are plenty of examples, including a good friend that did just that. Awoken 500 ft from any "public roadway" or right-of-way (I know because I bailed him out and surveyed the distance for his attorney).

Self incrimination is self incrimination no matter where you do it. Get a court order/warrant and go to town if you have cause, other than that do not impede my travel.
DUI drivers that give cause SHOULD be prosecuted.

Welcome back Geaux :)
Don't know enough about the law to fathom a guess as to why that would be even remotely valid. Was your friend found guilty? If he was, that should obviously be changed.
I love these discussion that pull in 17 different examples only tangentially related. ;)
I have zero problem with being required to blow if you give an officer probable cause. You don't address bad cops abusing a provision by eliminating a provision. You address the bad cops! THAT is the same as gun grabbers wanting to eliminate all guns due to bad owners. But being a statist like I am that whole individual responsibility thing I guess comes natural.
Again, the road blocks vs individual probable cause is a reasonable discussion.

The one in Eatonton last week didn't get but a couple of DUIs, the rest were probation violation, and no license.
It did get one DUI as the fellow pulled in his carport (6:00pm). A couple of Conyers cop cars raced after him. Four cops jump out as if they were apprehending a bank robber.

The perp didn't fair so well. His first test was the breatherlizer. Then they went on to more acrobatics. The perps license had also been revoked.
Needless to say he went to jail, but if he hadn't talked to the po po, he wouldn't be looking at his 5th DUI, just driving while license revoked.
You don't think they would have figured it out as they were arresting him? LOL

Don't know enough about the law to fathom a guess as to why that would be even remotely valid. Was your friend found guilty? If he was, that should obviously be changed.

Still an open deal but 100% fact, I've seen the police report. The fact is now he has to pay thousands of dollars in order to address it because the way things are set up even a 1st offense misdemeanor like DUI is so complex it would be folly to attempt to do it on his own.
I love these discussion that pull in 17 different examples only tangentially related. ;)

How is it related, he refused the Breathalyzer, sobriety test and now faces the loss of his license without due process for a "moving violation" while sleeping (lol). Pretty much the topic of this thread.

Back
Top Bottom