• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Don't blow for the po-po

T
Still an open deal but 100% fact, I've seen the police report. The fact is now he has to pay thousands of dollars in order to address it because the way things are set up even a 1st offense misdemeanor like DUI is so complex it would be folly to attempt to do it on his own.

How is it related, he refused the Breathalyzer, sobriety test and now faces the loss of his license without due process for a "moving violation" while sleeping (lol). Pretty much the topic of this thread.
I believe if he goes to the administrative hearing that will be tossed as well. I'm sure his attorney did attend that hearing? If not get a new attorney.

Friend of mine was an officer. He got stupid and drove one night. He was arrested, charged, convicted and lost his certification. So no you are incorrect. These always make the news.
That may be true but I was hit in the rear end by a off duty cop where he was clearly at fault. well long story short he was not given a ticket so his insurance did not pay

There was no probable cause to check him for DUI.
He turned in his driveway that was just before the road block. The cops just ass-u-me he was running.
Once his residence was established, that would have been the end of the story.
How would they do that without talking to him? LOL sometimes it's just too easy.

Constitution does not ensure the Govt will never intrude in your life. It protects against UNREASONABLE Govt intrusion. There is a difference and what is unreasonable to some will be reasonable to others.
That is why the courts are in place.

And no I don't care for most road blocks. But there are times they are appropriate.
I agree. Probable cause is key. And I appreciate both yours and glw's stance on roadblocks.

That may be true but I was hit in the rear end by a off duty cop where he was clearly at fault. well long story short he was not given a ticket so his insurance did not pay
Whether or not someone is issued a ticket does not determine fault. Are you sure the insurance companies just didn't settle among them selfs?
Or if you were not paid or made good the insurance just convinced you to accept their explanation.

Still an open deal but 100% fact, I've seen the police report. The fact is now he has to pay thousands of dollars in order to address it because the way things are set up even a 1st offense misdemeanor like DUI is so complex it would be folly to attempt to do it on his own.

How is it related, he refused the Breathalyzer, sobriety test and now faces the loss of his license without due process for a "moving violation" while sleeping (lol). Pretty much the topic of this thread.
Him, sleeping drunk in a car "500 feet away from a public roadway or right of way" is hardly the scenario I would imagine most would be discussing. But you are correct, it is related, tangentially, as I said. I'm all about "loser pays" when it comes to lawsuits, including state prosecutions. (I realize that's not what we are operating under so yes it sucks for your friend.)

The one in Eatonton last week didn't get but a couple of DUIs, the rest were probation violation, and no license.
It did get one DUI as the fellow pulled in his carport (6:00pm). A couple of Conyers cop cars raced after him. Four cops jump out as if they were apprehending a bank robber.

The perp didn't fair so well. His first test was the breatherlizer. Then they went on to more acrobatics. The perps license had also been revoked.
Needless to say he went to jail, but if he hadn't talked to the po po, he wouldn't be looking at his 5th DUI, just driving while license revoked.
TJ, to be clear, you find this to be a travesty of justice or just a violation of his rights, or both? Or am I 180 from both of those?

Back
Top Bottom