• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Double yellow lines

The Flatlanders that come to the mountains, are crazy the way they drive. Every turn they can't stay in their lane. It wares on my nerves, just watching out for the idiots coming at me on curves in my lane

I’m due for a drive up to Suches but I always keep it in the lines.

I live off of a 45mph country road surrounded by woods and cow pastures. I've been nearly hit head on twice in the last 2 months from idiots passing on double line blind curves. I mean I had to run off the road almost in to a ditch type almost hit head on. The second idiot was so close to hitting me I could see he had his wife and kids in the truck with him with terrified looks on their faces....

In my old subdivision in Gwinnett County, pulling out of my neighborhood was like rolling the dice on getting hit. So once I got a beater behemoth dirigible of an old pickup truck I used to pull out slow and steady, taking my time so that whoever came over the hill doing double to triple the speed limit had to slam on their brakes intensely.

I’m so tired of the aggressive drivers. Most of the time it is a woman in a suv. Been thinking about getting a old farm truck with a flat bed with some big bumpers. And my wife is one of them that drives too fast. And texts. Since her dad, brother and a close cousin all were killed in car wrecks you would think she would be more careful.

I've driven in 49 of the 50 states and I have to say Georgia has some of the worst drivers I have seen.

Too fast and too close is the standard here, even more than in other states.

This is the only state I have driven in where drivers can't seem to grasp "Left turns yield to all traffic."
Unless things have dramatically changed, no place was as bad as Chicago. I'd pull over to let people pass that were riding my rear and they didn't speed up or slow down one mile per hour. Just the way they drove. Didn't matter how fast you were going either. We moved to Texas last August and after a couple months my wife had to go back to Georgia for a work thing for a few weeks. The first thing she said when she got back was "I can't believe how terrible the drivers are there! How could it have changed so quickly?" I told her, it didn't....

Alaska. The only state I have never stepped foot in.
After driving here for so long, I was shocked as I drove my brothers camper around Alaska and would occasionally check to see if I was slowing traffic going up big inclines, most times there wasn't even a vehicle behind me!!!

I've driven in 49 of the 50 states and I have to say Georgia has some of the worst drivers I have seen.

Too fast and too close is the standard here, even more than in other states.

This is the only state I have driven in where drivers can't seem to grasp "Left turns yield to all traffic."
Dang. You got me beat because I think I am only at 46 states. But I have never been anywhere there were more left turns failing to yield to oncoming traffic as in Georgia. Also recently experienced mass confusion at several 4-way stops SE of Atlanta as people would NOT go at their turn, just sat there. It’s too easy to get a license.

Back
Top Bottom