• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Douglas County to Vote Today to Change Gun Ordinance

mountainpass

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
15   0
Reaction score
http://www.douglascountysentinel.com/news/article_036dbd2c-0908-11e3-af09-001a4bcf6878.html

Should guns be allowed in Douglas County’s parks?

Georgia law says ‘yes’ for folks with a valid carry permit, and it’s been that way for at least five years, according to GeorgiaCarry.org. But the county never got around to changing its local ordinance prohibiting firearms in local parks.

That change is expected to happen Tuesday.

I have zero idea where they get the 5 year thing as GA has had pre-emption of firearms for a very long time.

Mt. Pass thanks for keeping us aware of our surroundings. I truely appreciate it. You are true asset for the ODT as well as others.

There is no need for a vote or REG change. GA law preempts local or county law anyway.

The problem is that by having the ordinance on the books, someone that doesn't know that might check the local ordinance and be deterred from carrying, or see a sign and do the same.

In my county there used to be an Emergency Management Ordinance that allowed the county during a county declared emergency to come into my home and take anything they wanted, damn the 4th Amendment

(2)

To seize, take for temporary use or condemn any property for the protection of the public.

(3)

To sell, lend, give or distribute all or any such property or supplies among the inhabitants of the county and to maintain a strict accounting of property or supplies distributed and for funds received for such property or supplies.

Well I didn't want anyone in the county during a DE to even see that ordinance and think they had a right. So I made damn sure it was changed.

Might want to check your city and county as that is still on the books in many places here in GA.

Back
Top Bottom