• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dream Tarpon Trip

If you want to take a trip that will put you on fish almost for sure check this guy out.

http://deadfishcharters.com/

Though he is based in Grayton Fl.,in July and August he moves to Indian Pass for tarpon, shark and triple tail. My daughter and I fished with him several years ago. We had three tarpon on and managed to land one. Capt Larry was disappointed and said "We didn't get to see the show." Holy Crap! I thought it was a GREAT day, he said he has had clients land as many as 11 tarpon in one day. These are not small fish, either. The one I landed was 75lbs and trust me that's A LOT of fish when it's a tarpon. Larry said it was average and lots of fun to catch. He also said it's not uncommon to hook what he calls an "Oh no" fish. 150lbs plus. The reason it's an Oh no fish is because it pretty much ends the trip. It will take very long to land it and the fisherman will be done by the time they do. These are VERY healthy and VERY strong fish.

We also caught a ton of 20 to 30 pound sharks and several very nice triple tail. We caught the sharks while fishing for the tarpon, but we sight fished for the triple tail with light tackle when the tide was wrong for the tarpon. One of the other highlights of the day was the 180lb stingray that broke the rod. We were completely exhausted and slept for 13 hours after the trip.

BTW, there is almost NO travel time. You sleep the night before in a bungalow behind his house at Indian pass (included in the price), the dock is less than a quarter mile from the house and you are never out of sight of the beach. Less than 45 minutes from the time you wake up to the time you have lines in the water. Oh yeah, before Larry became a full time guide he worked as a marine biologist. He knows his stuff.

Back
Top Bottom