• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Second Navarre trip.

Bear44

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
213   0
Reaction score
Went to Navarre beach about a month ago for a couple for days to start learning the area. Managed to catch one nice Pomp, but that was it. I'm headed back down for a couple more days next week and have a much better plan. I'm also bringing my yak. The pier fishing on Navarre Beach Pier can be unusual, to say the least. There are all the normal fish, but in addition to those there are opportunities for Black Fin Tuna and they have caught two Sailfish in the last couple of weeks. Yes, Sailfish from the pier! Sight casting!! I've never even heard of that anywhere else.

I'm going to fish the pier in the am of the first day and the surf in the pm. I'll hit the bay side in the yak on the second day. I've been looking for a good place on the Gulf to focus on and this just might be it. Hopefully I'll be posting pics.

We used to slay speckled trout with these in the sound towards Pensacola. Just need a jig head

IMG_8304.png

Went to Navarre beach about a month ago for a couple for days to start learning the area. Managed to catch one nice Pomp, but that was it. I'm headed back down for a couple more days next week and have a much better plan. I'm also bringing my yak. The pier fishing on Navarre Beach Pier can be unusual, to say the least. There are all the normal fish, but in addition to those there are opportunities for Black Fin Tuna and they have caught two Sailfish in the last couple of weeks. Yes, Sailfish from the pier! Sight casting!! I've never even heard of that anywhere else.

I'm going to fish the pier in the am of the first day and the surf in the pm. I'll hit the bay side in the yak on the second day. I've been looking for a good place on the Gulf to focus on and this just might be it. Hopefully I'll be posting pics.
Wait…. Is it my imagination or did u have a boat? Who fishes with landlubbers when you have a boat??!

Wait…. Is it my imagination or did u have a boat? Who fishes with landlubbers when you have a boat??!
I do. LOL! The boat was put up while I dealt with some heath issues that have now been resolved completely thanks to modern medicine. It's at the shop now getting all tuned up and ready to go again. Hopefully it will be with me on the third trip in about another month.

It's also a much bigger project towing it to and from the Gulf. It ain't light. See my avatar.

Back
Top Bottom