• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Second Navarre trip.

... in addition to those there are opportunities for Black Fin Tuna and they have caught two Sailfish in the last couple of weeks. Yes, Sailfish from the pier! Sight casting!! I've never even heard of that anywhere else.

I'm going to fish the pier in the am of the first day and the surf in the pm. I'll hit the bay side in the yak on the second day. I've been looking for a good place on the Gulf to focus on and this just might be it. Hopefully I'll be posting pics.

Wow, Sailfish from a pier is crazy cool.

Let us know how that goes!

LOVE Navarre Beach !! We used to go about once a year, just to hang out and do the usual beach stuff. Haven’t been in a few years and would really love to go back !
Thanks for posting this thread and bringing this wonderful place to my memory today ! LOL
Happy Mother’s Day to all you moms - today !!

It's hard learning from your mistakes.

One of the rods I brought was a heavy Tarpon rig. I wanted to test it out and get a feel for how much distance I get casting it with a Hogy 1oz 9 inch jerk bait. 65lb braid and 80lb floro leader. First cast got hit by what must have been a big King Mackerel. Two quick tugs and the leader was cut. The only other rod I have without a wire leader is the one rigged for Cobia. Of course I did not bring any more of those lures with me and there are none available here. D, JD.

Haven't had another hit.

Back
Top Bottom