• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Duck Hunting

I’d go if I was showed how to duck hunt
1- step in a hole deeper than your waders..
2- make sure at least one of your kids drops their shotgun in the swamp...
3- blame any misses on the sun, or the new brand of shells you're trying...
4- argue (friendly like) about every bird that drops being yours...
5- make sure to forget your flashlight for walking through the swamp or to the pit, or make sure to forget your choke tubes.... (extra points if you forget the flashlight AND the choke tubes)
6- just throw all the cash you have in the swamp. (It's how duck hunting works)
7- be prepared to tell more outrageous lies about the duck migration than your buddies! This is key to maintaining your appearance of duck slaying prowess..
8- make sure you have a wife that understands your addiction.... (this is optional, either way...just go huntin!)
9- be prepared to be muddy, broke, wet, tired, and have the most fun you'll ever have.
10- maybe don't listen to internet duck hunting advice?

5- make sure to forget your flashlight for walking through the swamp or to the pit, or make sure to forget your choke tubes.... (extra points if you forget the flashlight AND the choke tubes)
7- be prepared to tell more outrageous lies about the duck migration than your buddies! This is key to maintaining your appearance of duck slaying prowess..
8- make sure you have a wife that understands your addiction.... (this is optional, either way...just go huntin!)
9- be prepared to be muddy, broke, wet, tired, and have the most fun you'll ever have.

Bonus Round(GA duck hunting specifically....disregard if traveling to migration)
1) be prepared for the best spots to be inaccessible for most of the season due to our obscenely long deer season and deer hunters not wanting to share.
2) Find the woodies, Find the X, Hunt the X..... if you got big ducks, tell only your closest trusted companions!
3) Double Bonus(if you have a retriever): Spend ten months of the year training your dog to tip top performance so he can retrieve the handful of ducks you and your friends kill. Totally worth it though!

I'm headed to northern Mississippi today to hunt the 1st 2 weekends of season..... wish us luck! Got 2 of my daughters in tow, 1 son in law, and a lifelong friend to fill our pit. Should be good times.

Good luck to y’all! Hope you pile them up deep. Headed to Arkansas with some friends after Christmas myself. Safe travels!

I love it, all this is spot on. Lol but I miss because I just suck at wing shooting. Lol I can water swat like a champion though

1) Check
2) Check

tempImageChvHiB.png

Back
Top Bottom