• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dumbass,law,makers

DaveTheMinion

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
94   1
Reaction score
At 18, you can walk in and purchase a mossberg 500 with regular stock, and the ffl can include the pistol only grip. After transaction and check, he can install the parts to make it a pistol grip, smile and walk out with it. But, if the ffl has it installed, an 18 year old can't buy it. wtf?

I can sell a handgun to an 18 year old, could be stolen, in a chic fil a parking lot, cop can not interfere with transaction, he can also ride around with it loaded in his vehicle. cops can not bother him about it. Although federal law states you can own a handgun at 18, am 18 year old can not buy from an ffl where he will reciece a background check and get a legit handgun. By the same token, he can buy 9mm ammo for his 995 carbine, but not for a handgun...

At 17, you can enlist in the military, go to Iraq, fight in combat zones, lose your leg, come home at 18, and although you've done so much for your country m, you can't get a firearms permit, where you also go through a background check...

Sure, there's some 18 year holds that don't need a gun, or to carry one, there's also guys 21+ that damn sure don't need to have one, but they do.
Atleast if they were legal to buy from dealers, you'd know they were getting background checks....

yup, someone didn't screw there head on... Buying from an ffl makes 18 year holds gangbangers and thugs, but face to face private sells are Ok..

At 18, you can walk in and purchase a mossberg 500 with regular stock, and the ffl can include the pistol only grip. After transaction and check, he can install the parts to make it a pistol grip, smile and walk out with it. But, if the ffl has it installed, an 18 year old can't buy it. wtf?

Never heard of that. Thought it was just straight up 18 for longguns, 21 for handguns? Putting a stockless pistol grip on a shotgun doesn't change it's status as a "long gun".

At 17, you can enlist in the military, go to Iraq, fight in combat zones, lose your leg, come home at 18, and although you've done so much for your country m, you can't get a firearms permit, where you also go through a background check...

At 17 you need a parent's permission to enlist. However, I thought that a person's military ID also served as their carry permit.

That's what Todd at tnt was telling me, supposedly he can't sell a shotgun with a stockless pistol grip to anyone under 21. And while their military ID may serve as their permit, fact is if they've been injured as described, they are no longer military.

That's what Todd at tnt was telling me, supposedly he can't sell a shotgun with a stockless pistol grip to anyone under 21. And while their military ID may serve as their permit, fact is if they've been injured as described, they are no longer military.

There are amputees currently serving on active duty in the US Armed Forces.

Dumb a__ law makers????????? So what's new. When I was 17, I enlisted.....I could not buy beer or liqour (got it anyway), could not vote, could not buy a hand gun, BUT I could get my head blown off or other extremeties. Nothing new.........

Back
Top Bottom