• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dumping EVs, returning to gasoline powered vehicles.

I've lost any respect for your input on finances just now.

Wait...are u kidding me? I'm pretty sure ur savvy with stocks but ur totally off base here. U hope people didn't take my advice at 400?

It WAS $400 in 2018 when Elon said he would take it private for $420

I been buying since 2013/2014 for $218

It's $190 today but i didn't lose money because the stock has had 3-1 and 5-1 splits

You have to take $190 todays prices and multiply by 15x for apples to apples comparison.

On a down day, this is worth $2,850

WOW dude...WOW

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

TSLA hit its peak market valuation on 11/1/21.

It's down close to 60% since that point. All splits accounted for.

You might want to slow your roll on stock advice. Apples, oranges, or otherwise.

NEVER...

Not even a thought...

It's like saying I need to paint it...for what?

This isn't alkaline battery Duracell dude

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

You're dodgier than an Argentinian peso.

Again, the question was: If the EV battery in one of your vehicles died tomorrow, would you replace it?

You're dodgier than an Argentinian peso.

Again, the question was: If the EV battery in one of your vehicles died tomorrow, would you replace it?

May want to re-word that as "COULD" you replace it? The form factor on these batteries and the suppliers is such a moving target that there may not be a suitable replacement available - even if it was affordable.

*And I drive a hybrid everyday - I'm pretty sure this thing will be disposable in 3 years.

The only way that EVs is the future would be if the politico bought and paid for crooks pass enough "laws" and sign enough EOs as to give you no choice. Given the choice, EVs are a fad that will soon be gone.
That's exactly what they're trying to do

That should apply to lithium battery-powered mowers as well. I bought a brand name in 2022 and the mower had a failed circuit board during the first use and no spare parts anywhere stateside. I had to return it and wait two months for a refund. It was a piece of junk with a phony 5-year warranty that wasn't worth the paper it was written on.

I'm running a Honda SP and a Toro SP and am happy to have them. Home Depot is still selling Honda and Toro gas mowers which is a great thing.

TSLA hit its peak market valuation on 11/1/21.

It's down close to 60% since that point. All splits accounted for.

You might want to slow your roll on stock advice. Apples, oranges, or otherwise.

And when the stock hit $113 exactly 1 year ago today, did you buy any? You would have recognized 60% increase

So you neither bought at the peak 3 years ago and you didnt buy at its low last year.

I wrote in 2018 to buy at $400. Im spot on. I just didnt think anyone would argue that was bad advice given the 15-1 split over that time period

T$LA for the win

Back
Top Bottom