eBay sellers beware.

Facebook requires your SS# if you sell over $599 worth of goods and the buyers pay through facebook.
I had $350 in limbo over this **** and refused to give them my number. Luckily the buyer worked with me and we did a little work around.
I use to sell on ebay all the time till they switched a couple of years ago and started wanting your bank information and SS#.
**** that ****.
What is this book of faces you speak of?

Just an FYI if you sell anything on eBay. A year ago or so EBay created their own payment processing system and eliminated PayPal.
It looks like In the last couple months they have a new requirement to receive payment from anything you sell there. To get payment you have to send a photo of your drivers license and a bank statement for the checking account you have funds transferred to. Not just the summary page, they require a full detail statement of all transactions for the month.
I just sold something there before I knew it and now they are holding $81 until they receive the full statement. There are all kinds of posts on eBay community with people upset, but all you can do is not use them to sell anymore or submit the info.

They sucked to deal with before and now they really suck!
Done with selling on eBay! Thanks for the heads-up.

Just an FYI if you sell anything on eBay. A year ago or so EBay created their own payment processing system and eliminated PayPal.
It looks like In the last couple months they have a new requirement to receive payment from anything you sell there. To get payment you have to send a photo of your drivers license and a bank statement for the checking account you have funds transferred to. Not just the summary page, they require a full detail statement of all transactions for the month.
I just sold something there before I knew it and now they are holding $81 until they receive the full statement. There are all kinds of posts on eBay community with people upset, but all you can do is not use them to sell anymore or submit the info.

They sucked to deal with before and now they really suck!

**** ebay.

4 or so months ago (aprox) is when they decided they wanted direct access to your bank.

They advertised you could sell up to $300 or something and 3 items (or something like that
) and you wouldn't be charged their 20% fee. Just charged their transaction fee.

I sold about $250 in two items and paid the transaction fees. End of the month they tried to charge me their %20 fee but couldn't get it because I only used money in that account for eBa and didn't want it tied in with anything else. Glad I did. **** em.

Also don't forget that if any of you receive more than $600 from any type PayPal, cash app, Venmo etc In a year, the companies now send that info to the IRS.

Welp, won't be selling anything on Ebay anymore. Had an account for over 10 years, but no way I'm giving them my bank info or ssn. If I want to sell MY OWN **** then I'll be damned if the IRS is taking a cut of it.
Cmon man. They’ve already double-triple-quadruple dipped on your stuff, what’s another hand in the fire?

Back
Top Bottom