• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ecoboost timing chain issues...

GAWeighMaster

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
37   0
Reaction score
I have a 2012 ford f150 with the 3.5 ecoboost v6. It has 131000 miles on it and has been a great truck. Lately it has felt like it didn't have any power and would really struggle to get to speed or climb grades. A check engine light came in so I took it in to a local mechanic. They diagnosed it as a timing issue and have quoted me 5420 bucks to install a new timing chain. Is this the going rate for this or should I be looking elsewhere?

ford.jpg

I'm no expert on those, but that seems really high for a timing chain replacement. I'd get more quotes. What type of labor are they quoting? Also, Ford says those are normally rated for 250k miles so maybe get a second opinion.

I have a 2012 ford f150 with the 3.5 ecoboost v6. It has 131000 miles on it and has been a great truck. Lately it has felt like it didn't have any power and would really struggle to get to speed or climb grades. A check engine light came in so I took it in to a local mechanic. They diagnosed it as a timing issue and have quoted me 5420 bucks to install a new timing chain. Is this the going rate for this or should I be looking elsewhere?
According to my uncle they have a bad design and there are a lot of those come through the shop. You would think they would recall that but they haven't. It's best to get those changed with a modified unit within the first 60,000 if they even have a aftermarket updated system. I have even created a post about that and got a lot of negative feedback from the site. By the way he is and has been a Ford dealership service manager for years. Started out as a mechanic in the late 70's early 80's.

Back
Top Bottom