• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2019 Tacoma issues

Get_Training

Default rank <1000 posts
Memento Mori
97   0
Reaction score
Well, a couple weeks ago, my BSM quit working randomly while I was driving down the interstate. I thought it was odd, as they were clean and haven't been hit or anything. 5 days ago, my cruise control quit working. Yesterday, my check engine light came on. I took it to Toyota and they gave me some codes that they got from the truck. They tried to charge me $3,995 to fix the truck, after they told me they weren't really sure what was wrong in the first place. My truck is driving just fine, and I haven't noticed any issues at all outside of the electronics acting up. Here are the codes: P04417E, P0445500 and C1AC1. I know it'll cost money to fix a truck with only 60,000 miles on it, but I'm not paying 4 grand for it. Anybody got any tips, ideas, or suggestions?

The first two are emissions related, and could be as minor as not having the gas cap on tight enough. You need to put it on until it clicks 2-3 times. I would just tighten the cap and let it go; if that was it the MIL light will reset on its own. If it doesn't reset then you may have an emissions system leak.

The C1AC1 is an alignment or blind spot monitoring sensor. You can look up calibration routines online. If you don't want to work on it yourself I would try a different dealer who actually wants to diagnose the problem and not just replace parts.

The first two are emissions related, and could be as minor as not having the gas cap on tight enough. You need to put it on until it clicks 2-3 times. I would just tighten the cap and let it go; if that was it the MIL light will reset on its own. If it doesn't reset then you may have an emissions system leak.

The C1AC1 is an alignment or blind spot monitoring sensor. You can look up calibration routines online. If you don't want to work on it yourself I would try a different dealer who actually wants to diagnose the problem and not just replace parts.
Fantastic advice, thank you sir! I had put an aftermarket, locking gas cap on it, and last night I put my factory gas cap back on. The light was not on today when I started the vehicle and it hasn't come back on after a couple hundred miles on the road. Thank you for the advice! As far the the BSM, I'm not really going to stress it right now, even thought I always had it on, I still manually checked every time before changing lanes.

Back
Top Bottom