• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ecoboost timing chain issues...

I dunno aboit the 6 but the 8 cylinder you could get some lockout kits for the phasers , reduced the power a little bit saved a ton of money on the repair

If they would have used a beefy timing chain like Porche they could have possibly avoided such non-sense. In typical American car fashion they probably did a cheap out route with a chintzy chain.

I have a 2012 ford f150 with the 3.5 ecoboost v6. It has 131000 miles on it and has been a great truck. Lately it has felt like it didn't have any power and would really struggle to get to speed or climb grades. A check engine light came in so I took it in to a local mechanic. They diagnosed it as a timing issue and have quoted me 5420 bucks to install a new timing chain. Is this the going rate for this or should I be looking elsewhere?
you can go on U tuabe and get educated on Cam phasers and timing chain issues on that ford you have. I had to replace my cam phasers at 37000 miles on my 2018 or 2019.which ever it is. It's a ford issue that ford tried to ignore but now they admit they have a problem.

Yeah the cam phaser issues have been going on since the first gen Ecoboost came out and Ford knows it. I had a hard time trading in my 17 Ecoboost, that had never had any issues, because the dealers knew about the issue and didn't want to take on the risk... that should tell you something.

Yeah the cam phaser issues have been going on since the first gen Ecoboost came out and Ford knows it. I had a hard time trading in my 17 Ecoboost, that had never had any issues, because the dealers knew about the issue and didn't want to take on the risk... that should tell you something.
Yea, that's bad!! I think that may have told me no more Fords. I have an old F250, that's the last Ford I have in the stable right now. I've owned more Fords than any other brand in my life.

Back
Top Bottom