• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

EDC has a RMR?

Don't know how the Burris will hold up to EDC... I have a couple on various pistols and they are fine for range work (target shooting and competition), but you might want a real RMR for durability of you carry it.

Carrying with a red-dot is getting more common, so you can find holsters that work if you look around. You do need lots of practice on the right technique to draw so the dot is visible every time, but there's a couple of good instructional videos out there dealing with that.

IMG_1430.JPG

I have a Burris FF3, I doubt I will carry much, if at all. It will do the job, but yes, I would rather have a Trijicon. I am a LCP guy, never liked the full size edc. But i have the FF3 and i have a couple of GSSF coupons so I can buy a Glock MOS model, or any Glock model for $25 more than what LE/Military/first reponders pay.

View attachment 1213161

I have a Burris FF3, I doubt I will carry much, if at all. It will do the job, but yes, I would rather have a Trijicon. I am a LCP guy, never liked the full size edc. But i have the FF3 and i have a couple of GSSF coupons so I can buy a Glock MOS model, or any Glock model for $25 more than what LE/Military/first reponders pay.
Mos model you'll need Dawson mos or likewise tall "Suppressor" sights to co witness due to the plate system. If you pop and have a slide milled for an RMR you're overall shooting will be better; lower to bore, more available sight options, and companies can offer 50/50 co witness cuts or lower 1/3 cuts. It's worth the money and wait.
That being said I think running a FF3 until you're dead set you like the combination is a great idea. Then pop for some milling and an RMR. Just my .02 they're fast when you get used to them and dudes pull 100yard trick shots all the time with the red dot handgun system

I have a 19 with Raised Night Sights. I'm thinking of putting the RMR on my Suppressed bedside Glock, and using the standard 19 more frequently for carry. I could swap the sights and have nice suppressor host.
IMG_1139.JPG

Back
Top Bottom