• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Educate me on rotary tumbling with steel pins please

Does work but very low quality. Motor will only run about 20min before over heats

It is meant to run short batches of concrete not run for long duration thats how they saved cost of a better motor

That is what I have. have to spray inside with rubber. I am sure I will need to replace motor one day. I just set timer for 15 min shut it down for 15 min and do a another 15 min

Just did 4000 45s at one shot but then you need a way to dry that many

That is what I have. have to spray inside with rubber. I am sure I will need to replace motor one day. I just set timer for 15 min shut it down for 15 min and do a another 15 min

Just did 4000 45s at one shot but then you need a way to dry that many

My experience was that in order to get the primer pockets clean, I needed to run at least two hours ...
That's a long, long time in 15 minute intervals! I air dried mine overnight ... Some I placed in a
170 degree oven for 30 minutes ...

Everyone keep in mind that 15-20 years ago, "Cleaning Brass" was defined as washing your brass in soapy water;
Not shiny, not pristine primer pockets ... MOST reloaders didn't even do that ... and it all went BOOM as it does today!

My experience was that in order to get the primer pockets clean, I needed to run at least two hours ...
That's a long, long time in 15 minute intervals! I air dried mine overnight ... Some I placed in a

Everyone keep in mind that 15-20 years ago, "Cleaning Brass" was defined as washing your brass in soapy water;
Not shiny, not pristine primer pockets ... MOST reloaders didn't even do that ... and it all went BOOM as it does today!

Yep about two hours for the primer pockets

I think if the SS for large quantities more the the cleanest. But my family and I shoot a lot

Yep about two hours for the primer pockets

I think of the SS for large quantities more then the cleanest. But my family and I shoot a lot

Last edited:
I built a track for brass drying.....it's a 3'x2' box made from 1"x2" with a piece of fiberglass screen material on the bottom and a piece of plastic lattice for extra support for 1k of brass.

I am still learning and too lazy/unskilled to build a tumbler myself so I bought one from BigDawg tumblers as mentioned above. It processes 10 or so pounds of brass at a time.

So far I just follow the instructions from the site. A little dawn and lemi-shine and hot water and 4 hours later it comes out looking great. 122613 108.jpg122613 041.jpg122613 096.jpg122613 102.jpg122613 104.jpg

Back
Top Bottom