• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Educate me on rotary tumbling with steel pins please

Also, I just use a media separator from Frankford Arsenal. I tumble, rinse the surface soap and water in the canister, pour about half(on a full load) of the brass and pins into the media separator and give it a slow spin. This gets out the pins then I rinse the FA separator again to clean the rest of the soap off the brass, spin one more time to get off water and go through a towel or two with a final dry overnight. Oh and I use a simple magnet to pick up whatever pins spill out during the spin process.
122813 003.jpg122813 004.jpg122813 006.jpg122813 005.jpg

OK almost done. Two last dumb questions. 1. When doing the rollerblade method do you guys have something mounted to the end of the shaft for better traction against the wheel, if so what? 2. What size steel media are you using? And where did you order it from online?

the motor shafts are all gonna have a flat spot. I move the motor in till the flat is contacting semi firm and the rest is firm. keep in mind that the motor is going to turn continuous so it doesn't matter if it has a flat spot the motor is driving the shaft not vice versa. what ever pins you find will work. rollerblade wheels are semi soft rubbery so they handle the contact variance.

Back
Top Bottom