• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

EggToberfest 2023

4ssss

Army Icon Supporter
ODT Junkie!
42   0
Reaction score
Had a great time at the Big Green Eggfest yesterday in Lawrenceville at Coolray Field. My BIL is a real Egghead and he came up from Bama, along with another couple from Tenn. The food for the most part was really good, but there were a few chefs that added way too much heat for this kids palate. I got quite a few recipes from the ones I did enjoy, and with my sweet tooth they were mostly desert samples, although the pizza chef's were right up there with some of NYC's thin crusts. The line for them said enough. I'll go out on a limb and say they were the best I've had since we moved here. Top dog for me were the guys making apple turnovers. They stayed with it all through the day, so every time I'd pass their booth I'd get in line for another. Also Miss Alyce's baked apples were top shelf. Talking to her she'd been to every Fest since the 3rd over 20 years ago, and she ran out before the end. Coolray Field's a really nice place, with a big league feel to it with the condo's surrounding the outfield. If you needed a break, all you had to do is pick a spot and pull up a piece of grass. It was a nice crowd, and the Senior Citizen's Marching Band had groupies when they moved from place to place. It was a really enjoyable day.

Attachments

• IMG_5744.jpeg
    IMG_5744.jpeg
    275.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5742.jpeg
    IMG_5742.jpeg
    189.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5745.jpeg
    IMG_5745.jpeg
    215.5 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom