• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ejection issues???

Where did you get the load data? Sounds like it is for target loads. NATO loadings are hot, essentially +P loadings.

That load is about 131pf. Should be plenty hot enough to cycle that gun. That used to be my exact load til I switched to BBI bullets.

That load is about 131pf. Should be plenty hot enough to cycle that gun. That used to be my exact load til I switched to BBI bullets.

I agree, it should be enough, but we do not know all the details. A 131 power factor is just a medium load. The military rounds and some self defense rounds go right up to 155pf or beyond (Corbon) in full sized guns.

The gun may be new and needs to loosen up with a few hundred rounds of hot ammo. The 4.5 W231 and a 125 should be close to a max load for 231, but is only a medium load for the 9mm in terms of using slower powders. If the current load is loaded with a long COL, or the bullets used have are the Berry hollow base bullets, the pressure and velocity is reduced. I would definitely start by checking the scale and then go from there.

If the OP has a slower powder (ie: Unique, HS-6, or Blue Dot), I would recommend going to the hottest published load and using it for a few hundred rounds.

Back
Top Bottom