• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Electrical problem with ‘04 GMC 2500hd

It will cheaper than buying a new one. I sold cars for years when I got bored being mechanic. I used to go back and forth to make real money but went back to mechanical work to take a break from the stress. If I had any advice to give from a sales aspect it would be this. Keep your vehicles clean and don't abuse them and they will give good service for long time. Drive it till the wheels fall off. When it's time to replace it buy a 2 or 3 year pre-owned, low mileage highly rated car and do the same with that one. Unless you are just filthy rich use them up but don't abuse them. I rarely ever use full throttle on mine. I go slow and easy over rough roads. Most importantly keep them clean and serviced correctly. When I appraised used vehicles I could tell you the type driver owned the car just by driving it around the block. Most importantly don't under and circumstances, unless a wreak totals the thing, buy a car in this market. Because eventually it will turn and that car you paid a fortune for will diminish in value over night and you will be stuck owning a car worth half of what you owe.

This might not pertain to your situation immediately but it is good advice from a person that should be telling the exact opposite. Since I no longer have to rely on selling cars for a living I like to share it whenever I can. THAT IS ALL!
I have always liked older vehicles compared to newer. Especially pre-emissions and pre-def. I know many people from high school that the first thing they did when they graduated was buy a new vehicle! Crazy in my opinion. Too pricey for a start to an uncertain future. I had been looking for a good diesel truck to haul my mini ex around for my business for a while. I was disgusted by the prices everywhere. I finally found this one set up like I had been wanting. ‘04 GMC 2500HD LB7 Duramax. 4x4, leather interior, flat bed, ranch hand brush guard, 4 door. Even had a power inverter and quick connect plugs mounted front and back. She did have around 288K miles on her which made me nervous but my cousin assured me he has a buddy with one with well over 400k and he cannot kill his even though he dogs his out. I obviously having no intention of dogging mine out didn’t worry. The truck was up in Manning, SC. A good 5hrs one way from me. Guy was asking $10K. I called him up and asked if he would take a check for $8500 and a gun in trade. He said come get it. He was a diesel mechanic on the side but was going through a divorce. He got custody of the kids and needed a gas burner more. I felt it was a steal of a deal. Truck even came with a set of 35” tires and metal mayhem wheels. Plus a warn 8K winch. I drove it home without a hiccup and it has been a great truck for the year Ive had it other than minor cosmetic stuff. Hopefully she will keep hanging in there for me.

Attachments

• 723864E8-6F1F-4A9D-B559-DBB0BB0269A0.jpeg
    723864E8-6F1F-4A9D-B559-DBB0BB0269A0.jpeg
    409.8 KB · Views: 5
I have always liked older vehicles compared to newer. Especially pre-emissions and pre-def. I know many people from high school that the first thing they did when they graduated was buy a new vehicle! Crazy in my opinion. Too pricey for a start to an uncertain future. I had been looking for a good diesel truck to haul my mini ex around for my business for a while. I was disgusted by the prices everywhere. I finally found this one set up like I had been wanting. ‘04 GMC 2500HD LB7 Duramax. 4x4, leather interior, flat bed, ranch hand brush guard, 4 door. Even had a power inverter and quick connect plugs mounted front and back. She did have around 288K miles on her which made me nervous but my cousin assured me he has a buddy with one with well over 400k and he cannot kill his even though he dogs his out. I obviously having no intention of dogging mine out didn’t worry. The truck was up in Manning, SC. A good 5hrs one way from me. Guy was asking $10K. I called him up and asked if he would take a check for $8500 and a gun in trade. He said come get it. He was a diesel mechanic on the side but was going through a divorce. He got custody of the kids and needed a gas burner more. I felt it was a steal of a deal. Truck even came with a set of 35” tires and metal mayhem wheels. Plus a warn 8K winch. I drove it home without a hiccup and it has been a great truck for the year Ive had it other than minor cosmetic stuff. Hopefully she will keep hanging in there for me.
The only way to go. When I first moved up here the roads were just a little narrower than they were she really had to be careful. Well one morning it just started to rain and it was slick and I was just doing a little too fast and looked down to the radio in the next thing you know I'm in a drainage ditch tore the whole undercarriage up on the truck. I was kind of depressed cuz it was a truck my dad left me and I sold it to him in 2002. It was still a beautiful truck inside and out like brand new had 150,000 miles on it and this was just a couple of years ago. I searched and searched and I bet you I looked at 5,000 vehicles and was just disgusted with the price because what they were offering me and what they were asking for that kind of truck was just was just too much difference. Well I was open up at a checking account at the local branch of the bank and I asked the lady I said you wouldn't know where I can get a truck would you. And she replied yeah we were going to buy it but decided not to and she called and asked if it was okay if she could give me the guy's number and he said it was. So I go over to look at this truck and it's a 2004 standard cab GMC Sierra four-wheel drive, trailer tow package, matching camper shell and the all the seats and everything had multiple towels on them it looked literally brand new. And I stole that truck. I've always been a patient shopper. I figure out what I want and I don't stop looking at those Vehicles until I find exactly what I want. I always stumble on an excellent deal low miles and a really good looking vehicle. And I think I've bought one new vehicle in my life and regret it and got rid of it when the kids came into the picture because the payments were just got awful. I vowed at that point that I never buy a new car and I didn't think I ever would before that either. But she's got the 5.3 L Vortec and just got plenty of torque plenty of power for me rides like a Cadillac and I've just actually fell in love with it even though the truck that I wreck was 10 times more beautiful. It was a graphite quad cab Dodge with the big 20 inch alloy wheels Pirelli tires, spray in bedliner with the full length Runner boards that that light up at night and all the little add-ons that just made it very tasteful looking. But it was not a four-wheel drive and I've come to really appreciate that up in these mountains.

Attachments

• 20220307_175243.jpg
    20220307_175243.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 2
  • 16470598099497075071063806839094.jpg
    16470598099497075071063806839094.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 1
  • DecoPic_20220416_195254.jpg
    DecoPic_20220416_195254.jpg
    404.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 20220307_175225.jpg
    20220307_175225.jpg