• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Electricity goes out for 6 months in the entire United States, would you survive?

Nope, I am absolutely F*&^ed. No power means no job. Can't really write code with no PC. IF I can make it back to Missouri, I think we would be ok. My inlaws have a nice place up there, with water, game, etc..

This would be a horrible scenario. Look for a short story called "lights out" by half fast. It deals with an EMP scenario in whihc all power is lost, plus most all vehicles stop working. Stuff like this can also be caused by massive solar flares (which happen every once in a while-the last serious ones happened during the Civil War.)

If something like that occurs, all the major transformers at all the substations would likely blow out, and it takes about 6 months to replace those large ones (they aren't even made in the U.S. anymore.)

This is something to think about. It can happen. I recommend "lights out." Good read, and it will open your eyes.

It won't.

It's very possible and actually quite likely. Look at the power grid failure a couple of years ago up north. The system is antiquidated, utterly dependent on too many other systems to work properly. Granted the grid up north is in worse shape than down here, but the system design is almost seventy years old.

Wheeler

I think me and mine would make it. We are in the country, lots of fishable water and game. Wouldnt be pleasant by any means but I think we could make it.

Oh yeah.....OP asked if you could make it, not the probability of it happening.Cmon ya'll, play by the rules ;)

After six months, the authorities would roll into my neighborhood and start asking what happened to all my neighbors and how did I manage to put on 30lb during the crisis.

Back
Top Bottom