• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Electricity goes out for 6 months in the entire United States, would you survive?

I think me and mine would make it. We are in the country, lots of fishable water and game. Wouldnt be pleasant by any means but I think we could make it.

Oh yeah.....OP asked if you could make it, not the probability of it happening.Cmon ya'll, play by the rules ;)

Probably so, but I wouldn't be proud of myself...

Wouldn't like it much but we'd make it..I was raised in N. Ga mountains, know how to hunt, trap fish and game and forage for edible vegetation .

Sorry man..didn't know..that would be a tough one for sure.
My heart and prayers are with you and yours.

Thanks Badger, no problem. I just thought I'd throw it out there cause lots of folks have diabetes and MS is alot more common than people think. Most folks don't know my wife has it but I've seen what it can do to her when it acts up. I worry about what'll happen if we can't meds for her & my son, I have uncontrolled blood pressure if I don't take medication. It can go real low to super high without meds. Once before I was diagnosed it went from 55 over 30 to 240 over 180 in a matter of about 5 minutes and it damn near killed me.

PS. Thanks for the prayers, I really believe there is a great power in prayer. I believe it saved my son in 2006 when his blood sugar went to 1239 and the doctors said he probably wouldn't live through that night. But he's in pretty good shape these days. Also brought my wife back from not even being able to walk.

Last edited:
I also believe prayer saved my other son from nearly being shot down when he was being flown into and out of Iraq, and rocket & mortar fire while he was there too.

Back
Top Bottom