• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Electricity goes out for 6 months in the entire United States, would you survive?

my power went out yesterday during all this crazy storming... i about went crazy last night. ended up sittin on the front porch listenin to project 961 and drinking beer. it would suck to be without it for 6 months. but i i think i could make it.

Don't you need #6 and thats all?

You are right, you will need GOD, but you will need some form of self defense and food.
Did Joshua and the children of Israel use swords?
Did Jesus tell his disciple to grab a sword?
Did Noah store food?
Did Joseph store food?
In the book of Acts there was a famine and the scripture says they stored food.

Trust me brother, I can do this all day! (lol)

You are right, you will need GOD, but you will need some form of self defense and food.
Did Joshua and the children of Israel use swords?
Did Jesus tell his disciple to grab a sword?
Did Noah store food?
Did Joseph store food?
In the book of Acts there was a famine and the scripture says they stored food.

Trust me brother, I can do this all day! (lol)

God Commanded the Isrealites to take sword to any in their path. Joshua 21:20
Jesus told his disciples it was choice to live and die by the sword or to turn the other cheek. The same thing Aristotle and Socrates were telling the Greeks in un-winnable battle situations. The Same thing Sun-Tzu said in the art of war that deception is a must and a tactical retreat can be better than a full fledged charge. The bible was written according to the society at the time. It was written to generate followers. Look to the bible and you will see dualism and Gnostic traditions. All atmospheres that were present at the time the bible was assembled for pilgrimage.
Noah stored enough food for 40 days and nights like he was instructed so did Joseph. The only person in the bible that made do with what they had was Jesus with loaves and fish.

I trust my instincts and trigger finger to remain smooth when it comes down to it. Anything else is a distraction. General Stonewall Jackson was Killed while praying on his horse, I would rather go down gun in my hand trying to make it work than looking for omnipresent spirits to stop bullets. I pray so do not get me wrong but there is no room for religion when the power goes out.

I would believe that in order to survive any extended period w/o electricity those who could adapt would revert back to using the tools & techniques that our forefathers used.

I believe if this period lasted for very long many of todays society would commit suicide out of utter despondency.

I would believe that in order to survive any extended period w/o electricity those who could adapt would revert back to using the tools & techniques that our forefathers used.

I believe if this period lasted for very long many of todays society would commit suicide out of utter despondency.
Which goes along with what I posted earlier. Does ANYONE here know how to operate a horsedrawn plow? how about reap wheat by hand? do you know how to plant corn with a stick? if you have that knowledge, do you have the tools to do it?

while there have been instances of people living for years hunting wild game and eating nuts and berries (Japanese holdouts from WW2 come to mind), that's a hard way to live. Your entire existence centers around your next kill. I would daresay that not many have that level of intestinal fortitude.

My family and close friends would make it no problem. We are prepped to shift to a simple survival lifestyle. I, however, might not make it much further than making sure they are set. After getting the right mind set going for everyone and putting together a knowledge base and needed supplies, I get diagnosed with diabetes. Now THAT"S irony. LOL!

You do need to be prepared to survive as long as you can but remember no matter how long that is, YOU WILL DIE. So prepare for eternity as well. Our walk on earth is like the blink of an eye. Please learn all of the survival skills you can and be ready for whatever life may bring, but you must also be prepared to die.

You do need to be prepared to survive as long as you can but remember no matter how long that is, YOU WILL DIE. So prepare for eternity as well. Our walk on earth is like the blink of an eye. Please learn all of the survival skills you can and be ready for whatever life may bring, but you must also be prepared to die.

Samurai? "All of life is preparation for death." I much prefer "A man does what he can until his destiny is revealed to him." OK trivia fans, who said the last quote? Hint, he's a nut job, but it's a good line.

Back
Top Bottom