• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Electricity goes out for 6 months in the entire United States, would you survive?

I think I could make it but the GF prolly not. I would try to get as close to the rest of my family as I could to protect them. My mother has grown accustomed to a lifestyle that damn near broke my fathers back to create. So has my sister. I love roughing it and really want to get back to doing more survival stuff but the ball and chain keeps me from doing so. My father has been drilling into to me the attitude of Screw everyone but your family. People in panick would just as soon put a bullet in your head as help you. If you cannot handle doing terrible things to survive then put a bullet in your head and save someone else the trouble.

The first thing I would do as soon as mass panic hit wold be to go to the apt upstairs and whack out my new neighbors. That way I could get used to fighting for survival and rid the world of some drug dealers at the same time. Just like a fat version of the punisher.

Some of you guys are honest and I respect you for it.
Three things can render us powerless. EMP attack, solar flare, or WWWIII
All of them are realistic! Check your home or bug out location for these items.
1) A secondary supply of water (if the water company is shut down)
2) A water filter (I recommend a Berkey)
3) A wood stove or a fireplace or filled propane tank (for heat and cooking)
4) Extra food stored away
5) guns and ammo
6) GOD

There are other goodies I would recommend but that would take all day. If the electricity went out for a 6 month period, life would change drastically. Try these three books: "One Second After" and "Patriots" and "Solar Flare"

Three different authors with three different scenarios for no electricity.

www.foodsurvivalstore.com

When hurricane HUGO hit SC, I lived 60 miles south at Sniders Cross Roads on hwy 21 (exit 42 I-95). I had friends in Charleston (CNSYD) that had no power for up to 3-4 weeks b/c of the old light poles being destroyed. Lesson learned is to have enough CASH on hand to see you thru. My Papa never had a checking account. Always CASH. I know I could survive 6 months even if my daughters came back home. You need to have at your disposal the simple things. Boat that doesn’t need a motor, plenty of hand tools (not all this battery powered stuff), self-defense items, & some good old common sense. How in the world do think we survived in the South before there was electricity?

Some of you guys are honest and I respect you for it.
Three things can render us powerless. EMP attack, solar flare, or WWWIII
All of them are realistic! Check your home or bug out location for these items.
1) A secondary supply of water (if the water company is shut down)
2) A water filter (I recommend a Berkey)
3) A wood stove or a fireplace or filled propane tank (for heat and cooking)
4) Extra food stored away
5) guns and ammo
6) GOD

There are other goodies I would recommend but that would take all day. If the electricity went out for a 6 month period, life would change drastically. Try these three books: "One Second After" and "Patriots" and "Solar Flare"

Three different authors with three different scenarios for no electricity.

www.foodsurvivalstore.com

Don't you need #6 and thats all?

I'll vouch for One Second After, a scary look at how rapidly things digress...pretty much a must read if you've ever thought about this scenario.

Back
Top Bottom