Elementary school Shooting in Texas.. 13 Dead

How does that work during class changes if there are trailers or other buildings? My high school was ~5,000 students across 3 buildings and 40+ trailers.
I think this is where modern schools are a bit different. Newer schools are built like monoliths where every area can be accessed within itself. This wasn't the case being raised in Savannah for me. Savannah is also converting to this but not all schools are like this. Point taken. With that said, it should be a goal. My wife and I used to joke about how these schools looked like prisons. Maybe there was something to it.

We're animals, pal. And I agree with you. We don't all respond the same. Mental health is a real issue. Okay. What next? What can you and I do to gain even an inch?
Honestly, the only way to combat it is raise the age to buy a gun (id say raise military age as well) to at least 21.
After that it would be a crap shoot. A lot of this stems from broken homes, social media, and no place to really escape from it. Think about it, these kids cant go out and play till dark, cant go in the woods, cant make any friends, dont have any natural talents that it takes to succeed now, so they bottle it all up till it festers into a mental breakdown that only knows 3 wasy of escape; Drugs, Violence, Death.

Honestly, the only way to combat it is raise the age to buy a gun (id say raise military age as well) to at least 21.
After that it would be a crap shoot. A lot of this stems from broken homes, social media, and no place to really escape from it. Think about it, these kids cant go out and play till dark, cant go in the woods, cant make any friends, dont have any natural talents that it takes to succeed now, so they bottle it all up till it festers into a mental breakdown that only knows 3 wasy of escape; Drugs, Violence, Death.
You know, the more developed a society, the longer it takes for its populace to mature. I got this from an anthro class back in college way back when, but I'm sure we can dig into some research and find sources for it. We also see less primitive societies like the hunter gatherers of the Philippines maturing much faster than modern countries, because they have a much higher demand on filling their needs for survival. Is it age, or is it culture? It's probably culture.

There are ways to escape certain circumstances. Broken homes => big brother. Social media => social support to unplug. No escape => I don't know. Everything to the right of the arrows are easy solutions that no one wants to devote time or effort to. This is on both sides. To be frank, I don't think I would have made it out if it wasn't for the random kindness of people that I've met along that way. Guess someone was just looking out for me so that I may return the favor one day.

Again, I get your point. What do we do about it? Honestly, I think it's time for us men to become involved in our communities again. Not through politics. Through kindess and compassion maybe?

You know, the more developed a society, the longer it takes for its populace to mature. I got this from an anthro class back in college way back when, but I'm sure we can dig into some research and find sources for it. We also see less primitive societies like the hunter gatherers of the Philippines maturing much faster than modern countries, because they have a much higher demand on filling their needs for survival. Is it age, or is it culture? It's probably culture.

There are ways to escape certain circumstances. Broken homes => big brother. Social media => social support to unplug. No escape => I don't know. Everything to the right of the arrows are easy solutions that no one wants to devote time or effort to. This is on both sides. To be frank, I don't think I would have made it out if it wasn't for the random kindness of people that I've met along that way. Guess someone was just looking out for me so that I may return the favor one day.
Im sure anyone from 25-35 can attest, once you get away form middle and highschool and into college or career life, it gets a lot easier mentally.

Maybe that is the maturity level increasing, maybe its because in college your peers dont give a rats ass what you are doing/look like/talk like/etc. So the feeling of having to fit in or being bullied goes away. You are more likely to find people just like you.

Ive just noticed that a lot of the mass shooters and suicides as a late are all kids under 20. I know personally, from 13-18 was the roughest times i went through.

13-18 was great years. Getting your driver's license, a 40oz would literally get you wasted, weed was cheap and everywhere. Hangovers weren't even a thing. Physical aches and pains weren't a thing. Responsibility wasn't a thing.

Literally all you had to do was pass school and not get caught doing the incredibly stupid **** you did every weekend.

Best days of my life, if those were your worst I sincerely feel bad for ya.

13-18 was great years. Getting your driver's license, a 40oz would literally get you wasted, weed was cheap and everywhere. Hangovers weren't even a thing. Physical aches and pains weren't a thing. Responsibility wasn't a thing.

Literally all you had to do was pass school and not get caught doing the incredibly stupid **** you did every weekend.

Just out of curiosity, what year did you graduate high school?
My best years have been since i got out of highschool so 19-now (31).

Amen! Here I am all grown up, can't smoke pot anymore. Cant stay out going to parties or fishing and drinking all night. Ton's of bills and responsibility now. I do have cooler toy's and a much nicer vehicle but I had a blast in high school.

Back
Top Bottom