• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Elon Musk is Done....

Took a ride with a friend in his Tesla Model 3 today. I had never experienced acceleration like that thing has. 0 to 80 in about 4 seconds with 0 tire spin. Latest upgrade gives it about 500 ft/lbs of torque. He cautioned me to make sure my head was against the rest before launch but still strained a muscle in my neck.
My SIL has a Model S, I just thought it was quick.

Took a ride with a friend in his Tesla Model 3 today. I had never experienced acceleration like that thing has. 0 to 80 in about 4 seconds with 0 tire spin. Latest upgrade gives it about 500 ft/lbs of torque. He cautioned me to make sure my head was against the rest before launch but still strained a muscle in my neck.
My SIL has a Model S, I just thought it was quick.

You have yet to experience acceleration until you have driven a Model S with 100D in ludicrous mode ... people can say what ever they want about corporate failure or being as crazy as Howard Hughes or a stupid song that is gonna be standard equipment for 2019 models ....

but at the end of the day ... Tesla built the fastest most advanced electric car on the PLANET and it was built right here in the USA

Sounds about as good or bad as anything currently out there by actual rappers.

And ask the countless smart guys that have lost their livelihood shorting TSLA over the years how thats worked out for them. :lol:

Yeah.

Sky's the limit for them.

Tesla reminds me of something a very good investor told me.... "Don't jump on the first of anything. Wait until about the 3rd iteration..... The first is always a dog. Take a couple of iterations and someone will figure it out."

Very good advice. Tesla is the compuserve of electric cars. They are the commodore 64. The Dogpile search engine.

Tesla's best hope is to get bought out. It is a good idea, but a horrible implementation-just all those other "firsts."

Musk really is losing his mind. I read a while back that he was sleeping in the factory. Obsessed with turning it into a "machine which makes machines." He doesn't understand production, and he is obsessed with turning the factory into some kind of fully-automated line. It's not possible, and it won't become possible anytime soon. The major auto companies already threw many billions at automation, and found that while robots are great at stuff like spot welding, they are absolutely horrible at stuff requiring dexterity-like installing a dashboard, or routing wiring bundles. Production managers actually understand that sort of thing, but Musk is too arrogant to talk to any of them.

Musk is probably going to run the company into the ground. Good idea, but he is not talented enough to manage the company, and his ego won't allow him to see his shortcomings and hire someone who can do it right.

Back
Top Bottom