• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Engraving question

If you use Orion Arms, they will require the lower to be stripped. I have used them once and am about to send another lower to them. Their turnaround, at this time, is about 3 weeks from receipt of lower. Cost, for three lines of engraving, is $45 with $15 for return (insured) shipping. They have much experience in doing NFA compliant engraving. Not something I want to risk with an inexperienced engraver.

If you use Orion Arms, they will require the lower to be stripped. I have used them once and am about to send another lower to them. Their turnaround, at this time, is about 3 weeks from receipt of lower. Cost, for three lines of engraving, is $45 with $15 for return (insured) shipping. They have much experience in doing NFA compliant engraving. Not something I want to risk with an inexperienced engraver.

That's an equivalent cost to what I paid Ident. If Orion's turnaround is still that short, that's pretty good. Since I'm running KAC lowers with ambi controls, I really didn't want to have to tear it down and off to Ident it went!

Received a UPS notification yesterday afternoon that Orion has shipped my lower back to me. This outstanding turnaround time. It was delivered to them at 6:45 p.m. on 12-03 and was ready for UPS to pick up on 12-11.

I will post a picture when I receive it. Projected receipt is 12-14. If I get it 12-14, that will be 16 days after I shipped it on 11-28. That includes 3 days transit each way via UPS Ground.

Received a UPS notification yesterday afternoon that Orion has shipped my lower back to me. This outstanding turnaround time. It was delivered to them at 6:45 p.m. on 12-03 and was ready for UPS to pick up on 12-11.

I will post a picture when I receive it. Projected receipt is 12-14. If I get it 12-14, that will be 16 days after I shipped it on 11-28. That includes 3 days transit each way via UPS Ground.

Yeah I talked to him and he said turnaround time was quick but his website said otherwise. How much did it cost you to ship if you don't mind me asking. I know sometimes if shipper finds out that its a firearm, they want the fastest and most insured shipping which could have cost up to $80 from UPS. Well thats how much it cost to ship a rifle/handgun.

Yeah I talked to him and he said turnaround time was quick but his website said otherwise. How much did it cost you to ship if you don't mind me asking. I know sometimes if shipper finds out that its a firearm, they want the fastest and most insured shipping which could have cost up to $80 from UPS. Well thats how much it cost to ship a rifle/handgun.

I think it was around $13-15 to ship via UPS. When they ask what it is, tell them machined gun parts that require no FFL. This is the second one I have shipped to Orion and told UPS the same thing both times. Also sent insured for $300. Return shipping was $15 both times. I ship from the center off of Fulton Industrial Blvd. instead of going into a shipping center.

Current shipping time on website is 2-3 weeks from receipt.

I think it was around $13-15 to ship via UPS. When they ask what it is, tell them machined gun parts that require no FFL. This is the second one I have shipped to Orion and told UPS the same thing both times. Also sent insured for $300. Return shipping was $15 both times. I ship from the center off of Fulton Industrial Blvd. instead of going into a shipping center.

Current shipping time on website is 2-3 weeks from receipt.
Oh ok! I thought they meant 2-3 weeks not including shipping days. :P

Just got my lower back from Ident. Engraving is nice and clean. Not a mark on the lower and the best part is that I didn't have to strip it down. Just removed the trigger & trigger guard. 5 weeks, door to door.

I ordered my sbr upper, so now i need to choose between ident or orion. my lower is completly stripped so that doesnt matter to me

Back
Top Bottom