• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

EoTech 512 placement suggestions

rlt3241963

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
28   0
Reaction score
All, I have an AR with a flattop upper and a Magpul 6 position CTR Stock. I'm putting an EoTech 512 on it and I am not sure of how close or far away from my eye I should place it. I know not to put it to close because I don't want to get a black eye from the recoil but would like some suggestions from anyone who has used or is using this kind of configuration as to it's placement. Pictures of examples would be fantastic.

Depends on if you wanting to add a magnifier, if not put it on mid or closer to the back, it all depends on how you shoot your rifle, if your stock fully extended ect...

You're not gonna get a black eye from shooting an AR-15, and your nose should be touching the charging handle anyway. At least, that's what my drill sergeants said.

Anyway, it all depends on how wide of a sight picture you want. I like mine as far forward on the receiver as possible.

Send me a pm.... I can help. Ill eben send pics and tell you why you should put them in various poaitions.
I have been a CQM instructor for the better half of 10 years....

A 5.56 AR with the proper stance should not recoil enough for an unmagnified Eotech to hit your eye so I wouldn't worry about it. As for position, I usually leave myself the option of running a magnifier so the optic usually goes several slots forward of my BUIS. Ideally, you want it as far forward as possible on the rail as that will provide the least obstructed view, however, I don't like to add weight to the front of my weapon. I find that placing the optic around the position of the magwell gives me the best of both worlds.

1.jpg

I like them most of the way back if applicable. It helps the balance and lets you bring it on target faster. Not to mention if you have to have it in your hands for an extended period, the weight/balance is exaggerated.

I'll add that an EoTech ideally would be co witnessed with your iron sites.

Last edited:
No iron sights. Tried to trade a few things for a set but no bites. I guess no one was interested in a Triple K Shoulder holster for a revolver with speed loaders or a Leapers Mil-Dot Scope.

Back
Top Bottom