• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Next 9mm Pistol - Suggestions?

Any kinda variant that is appealing to you in a…
CZ 75
Beretta 92
2011 format with a 4.25” barrel (if it’s gotta be double stack, otherwise traditional 1911 holds like 9 or 10)

Or a Sig P210

Some of today’s polymer pistols now have a metal frame option (sometimes factory, sometimes aftermarket)

Love my Shadow 2 which has a steel frame and plenty of 'heft' which I like.

The compact version is aluminum. Has anyone shot them side by side? Wondering how the aluminum one feels for weight...is there a little bit of weight to it or is it closer to a polymer frame?

If you go with a Staccato, note that the later versions come with a sandpaper-like grip module. It's better than the older star pattern grips in my opinion. I think they started putting them on the 2022 models. Anyway, you can see the difference here:

New style:
StaccatoXC.jpg

Old style:
StaccatoC2.jpg

Hmm, I know you said no 1911s. But gees. I can think of some nice ones. Heck, I'd hate to carry a double stack clip concealed. I wouldn't choose a 9 over a 40 or 45 either. And I've had carry with life one the line.
I'm going to mention a couple that came to mind as I was reading your post. They are 1911s or inspired. Springfield EMP, Colt Commander or Defender, and Browning Hi Power. The Hi Power is double stacked clip and they made some nice ones. You can get you a custom built Hi Power and have a real gym. The 1911 minis are nice too. Like Sig or Kimber. Nice pocket pistol. Or maybe a Double Tap. I don't think that one is made anymore, but you can find them. 15 oz pocket pistol the size of a 380. Ported or unported, two rounds with 2 in the butt of the gun. And you can get 6 round stripper clips for it.
The CZ would be a nice one as well. Or maybe a 9mm revolver, cool stuff....

Go find you a Ruger P95. Doesnt matter if its used its still not worn. . Big,rock solid,eats whatever you feed it,fun to shoot and you can usually find them for 300-350.

Back
Top Bottom