• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

EOTech Failure at the worst time

If a white light was involved with irons I didn't see the need for tritium. That's all.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
You don't always bang your torch bro. There's a time and a place to blast white light and flood a room or ID and plenty of times to stay dark and use tritium and EVERYTIME personally i use a combination of the two during low light engagement. There's a science behind when and how to deploy a weapon mounted light.

You don't always bang your torch bro. There's a time and a place to blast white light and flood a room or ID and plenty of times to stay dark and use tritium and EVERYTIME personally i use a combination of the two during low light engagement. There's a science behind when and how to deploy a weapon mounted light.
I'm going to have to run someone's gun with that setup. I've always looked at tritium irons on a rifle as an answer to a question no one has asked but all my applications are pretty much home defense only so an optic combined with fixed irons (currently run the Larue with a large aperture) and a light has always fit the bill and I don't tritium out there distracting from the optic. If I was going on the offensive, I may be missing something with the tritium. I just don't see it much at all so that's why I was curious.

Edit, oh wait... Your gun with the tritium irons has no optic? This makes more sense now.

I'm going to have to run someone's gun with that setup. I've always looked at tritium irons on a rifle as an answer to a question no one has asked but all my applications are pretty much home defense only so an optic combined with fixed irons (currently run the Larue with a large aperture) and a light has always fit the bill and I don't tritium out there distracting from the optic. If I was going on the offensive, I may be missing something with the tritium. I just don't see it much at all so that's why I was curious.

Edit, oh wait... Your gun with the tritium irons has no optic? This makes more sense now.

Correct. I'm using JUST fixed DD irons with tritium inserts no RD or optic. If I were running an Aimpoint or something I would go flip-up sights with inserts. On SBR as long as you're not super short and have like a 11.5 or 10.5 etc upper and a decent ammount of rail space you still get a good sight distance from front to rears. I'm fast with irons, but have several set up with aimpoints or vortex optics too.
My AR9 SBR with DD irons, a light, and a suppressor are working just dandy for home defense and fast close range shooting in all light conditions

Correct. I'm using JUST fixed DD irons with tritium inserts no RD or optic. If I were running an Aimpoint or something I would go flip-up sights with inserts. On SBR as long as you're not super short and have like a 11.5 or 10.5 etc upper and a decent ammount of rail space you still get a good sight distance from front to rears. I'm fast with irons, but have several set up with aimpoints or vortex optics too.
My AR9 SBR with DD irons, a light, and a suppressor are working just dandy for home defense and fast close range shooting in all light conditions
Yeah I use a similar setup for HD but it's a suppressed MPX with optic, fixed irons and light. It's hard to beat with a 4" barrel, even with the suppressor its shorter than my 5.56 10" SBR and much more controllable.

Yeah I use a similar setup for HD but it's a suppressed MPX with optic, fixed irons and light. It's hard to beat with a 4" barrel, even with the suppressor its shorter than my 5.56 10" SBR and much more controllable.

Me too. Even using a 7.5" 9mm BBL with suppressor I'm shorter then my mk18

I've been beating on my EXPS3-0 for several years and have not had a single issue. I prefer the reticle on the EoTech over a simple red dot but love Aimpoints as well. Glad you came out of the situation safe but hate to hear of a failure at the worst possible time.

Attachments

• Coltpistol.jpg
    Coltpistol.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 24
Anything man-made is subject to have a failure I've had Eotech text since they were first known as Bushnell holosight still have three of those there 20 years old I will continue to trust them, or text and I've been a Leo and other jobs that required deployment of a rifle with a sight I love the reticle and the attack in general and have all models including that vision and I have yet to have a failure.up

***UPDATE***

Received a brand new EOTech XPS3-0 in the mail today. Now I just wish I would have never picked up a VUDU 1-6x24 because it's all I can think about right now. Its going to be hard to come up with an excuse to tell the wife why I need to speed $1300.

Back
Top Bottom