• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

EOTech Failure at the worst time

Yep! That's the one I'd go with. Much better unit than your old 512.

cmshoot cmshoot I have always enjoyed reading your input when it comes to optics, but I have a question for you. I love the idea of the qd lever of the the EXPS-3 but am not so fond of the 7mm rise I also love the side buttons. I have always used an absolute co-witness and the what some refer to as clutter has never bothered me. Up until my experience the other night, I have loved the idea that if the optic failed the back up's were right there. My question is would it be worth learning to deal with a 1/3 co-witness to have the side buttons and qd lever or should I just go with the exps-3.

Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 1.03.36 PM.png

cmshoot cmshoot I have always enjoyed reading your input when it comes to optics, but I have a question for you. I love the idea of the qd lever of the the EXPS-3 but am not so fond of the 7mm rise I also love the side buttons. I have always used an absolute co-witness and the what some refer to as clutter has never bothered me. Up until my experience the other night, I have loved the idea that if the optic failed the back up's were right there. My question is would it be worth learning to deal with a 1/3 co-witness to have the side buttons and qd lever or should I just go with the exps-3.

Honestly, quibbling differences between the -0 and the -3. I would take either and be happy with it. Get the one that makes the most sense to you.

I don't mind providing my own equipment sometimes. Would you rather use sub-par equipment, or just something you don't care for, just because it was free and you were forced to use it; or would you rather buy the equipment you prefer and know is good quality? After all, your life may depend on it. Write it off on your taxes.

An optic coming apart and blocking view to the BUIS is truly a rare event (yours is the first I have heard of). I don't think readjusting to different heights for the same rifle would be beneficial, as you have trained and are familiar with the current setup and positioning. A dead EOTech won't block your view, one that fails internally and blocks view is a fluke.

Side buttons and no QD doesn't exist. If your flashlight batteries are AA there may be good reason to stick with an AA model EOTech. The 518 is side button, AA but yes you will get the lower 1/3 witness due to the QD

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

we have had lots of problems with the eotechs and have since switched over to aim point! lucky for us we found out during training !

How is their quality random? you must not have heard of their recall? I had 31 out of 51 go bad in my unit and never trusted them again. Switched over to aimpoints and haven't had an issue in 8 years
i made that statement under the assumption that the OP's optics are post recall, since he would have already replaced them by now.

Back
Top Bottom