EOTech sights for AR15

I also hear it doesn't keep its zero well. How long do they last on a fresh set of batteries?

Dude I dont know where you heard that..eotechs are known for being able to be thrown around, dropped, even taken off (with the right mounts) and maintain a pretty close zero

Any AA battery powered one should be horizontal right?

No, just because it takes AA batteries doesn't mean it will have horizontal battery compartments. Don't even think any of their AA models use horizontal compartments come to think of it due to the length of the batteries, think those models are set up for CR123. The reasoning for the horizontal battery compartment though is because it takes recoil better, where the standard battery set up recoil can wear the connectors out resulting in the sight going down, likely takes several thousands of rounds or a lot of beating to do it, but it is an issue and something to consider. Horizontal battery compartment is also going to be a shorter sight.

I'm not sure where everyone is getting the bad battery life info. I think I only changed batteries once in my 12 month deployment (always carried extra though).

I'm not sure where everyone is getting the bad battery life info. I think I only changed batteries once in my 12 month deployment (always carried extra though).

What model and how much did you use it over there? I know guys who changed the batteries following every patrol, and have had the batteries run dry while on patrol as well as the optic die under fire. All those taken together I won't use the optic for my own use to include those reasons among others. Also look at the numbers Eotech battery life is measured in 100s of hours while Aimpoints are measured in thousands.

What model and how much did you use it over there? I know guys who changed the batteries following every patrol, and have had the batteries run dry while on patrol as well as the optic die under fire. All those taken together I won't use the optic for my own use to include those reasons among others. Also look at the numbers Eotech battery life is measured in 100s of hours while Aimpoints are measured in thousands.

I used a 557.ar223. It uses AAs. If you use the 4 hour timer/auto shut off and don't keep your brightness really high it does fine. It also has an alert to let you know when it's getting low. Like I said, I carried extra batteries anyway for nvgs, vibrator, etc etc. I would do the same with any battery run device.

I prefer having the large ring with the center dot(dots in my case)

Also on another note, EoTechs customer service is top notch. Mine was past the two year warranty window but they still repaired it for free. (I had two subtle cracks inside that I could see but didn't affect performance)

the only reason why i don't like eotech is because of the battery life. but their sights are very nice though.

I had an EoTech 512 for two years and it was still running just fine on the original set of AA lithium batteries when I sold it.

I also hear it doesn't keep its zero well. How long do they last on a fresh set of batteries?

Mine was on a Larue QD mount and kept its zero. I could switch it from my AR (which it was zeroed for) to my AUG (it was real close to POA=POI on there) and back to the AR without any change.

Back
Top Bottom