• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

"Eventually" sure seems to be taking a long time.

even though i think there's a place for batteries ill still be a....

~b934609.jpeg

Yesterday on Newsmax I saw a story about a guy in NM who had just paid off a 2014 Infinity hybrid and then the dealer informed him it needed a battery. Not an EV...a damn hybrid. So the battery install wound up just under $20K . For a car worth just under $14K .
So since "Sustainable" has been a leftist buzz word for a good while now maybe someone can tell me how any of that is sustainable. Kinda like the Google headline from last week that said Ford and GM lose between $30k and $35K for every EV they roll out the door. So how long before EVs bankrupt the domestic auto makers?

His second stupidest decision (bet you can guess the first) was to take an all electric vehicle on an emergency trip. I understand the need to test the vehicle, but why not take it on another, routine trip when no emergency is present?
Exactly.
Just completed our annual Christmas 800 mile Interstate highway round trip in my old fossil-fueled (solid 400 mile range) dinosaur, must have passed a few hundred gas stations round trip. Refuel, in and out in under 15 minutes, with a potty break, sandwich, and hot cup of coffee in hand.
Suck it, EV drivers.

Exactly.
Just completed our annual Christmas 800 mile Interstate highway round trip in my old fossil-fueled (solid 400 mile range) dinosaur, must have passed a few hundred gas stations round trip. Refuel, in and out in under 15 minutes, with a potty break, sandwich, and hot cup of coffee in hand.
Suck it, EV drivers.
You left them at the charging station.......

These EV may eventually become a thing that everyone drives but right now they aren’t.
All they have become is an experiment and a bad one at that. I would not rely on them at all without a gasoline back up. Definitely not an everyday driver to get to work/school/etc., they just can’t cut it as of now.

Exactly.
Suck it, EV drivers.
In and out in under 15 minutes, unless you stop at Buc-ee’s.

Back
Top Bottom